AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Run file watcher indefinitely

Posted May 13, 2022 10:10 AM
    Hello,

I have a situation where we do not have control over when we will receive the file, some times we may get a file every day and then some times may be once a week or once a month. how do I set up my file watcher to not fail but to continue to watch for file for a week or a month or however long it takes for the next file to come in and not fail?

I am new to Autosys and really appreciate any inputs!!!

• 2.  RE: Run file watcher indefinitely

Posted May 13, 2022 01:22 PM
    That is the nature of a filewatch job. It will run indefinitely until a file comes in and it marks success (to then start any downstream jobs). We have many that run for weeks or months depending on the job.
    Without any details on the failure, it is more likely there was an issue with the server the job was running on which caused it (maybe server get rebooted?). Otherwise the filewatch job will run forever (unless you set a terminate in time).

• 3.  RE: Run file watcher indefinitely

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2022 01:24 AM
    File Watcher Job Type is meant for waiting for the condition indefinitely, there is no option to exit unless you define a job_terminator or max_run_alarm attribute for the job.

If you wish to get notified on file events like CREATE, SHRINK, UPDATE or DELETE etc, you can make use of File Triggers, the File Trigger job type allows you to run in continuous and wait modes.  Please check the documentation for more information.

------------------------------
    ​Regards,

Venkateshwar Badrigari
    AutoSys Sustenance Engineering Team
    venkateshwar.badrigari@broadcom.com
    ------------------------------