AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How to execute job B every 10 min between given hours and also run it when job A completed

Posted May 04, 2021 09:22 AM
    Hi,

I am trying to run job B every 10 min between given hours daily and I want to ran it again when job A completes. 

job A runs every 10 min M - F 11am to 2pm
    job B runs every 10 min M - F 9am to 9pm 

Thanks

• 2.  RE: How to execute job B every 10 min between given hours and also run it when job A completed

Posted May 05, 2021 09:06 AM
    Create 2 "B" jobs, one that runs when job "A" completes, and one that runs in the 10 minute intervals specified.

I wonder if there is a condition that could take into account both ways you need the job run, but I am unsure what the syntax would be. Perhaps someone with more experience in AutoSys could respond.

• 3.  RE: How to execute job B every 10 min between given hours and also run it when job A completed

Posted May 05, 2021 10:01 AM
    Hi Corrie, thanks for the reply!

I can add Job A as start dependency for Job B and that will work for the first part, meaning every time Job A completes Job B will run. I am not sure how to add other condition where Job B should continue to run every 10 minutes regardless. 

The scenario are    : 1. Job A runs at 11:00am, completed at 11:03am, Job B should run at 11:00 and 11:03 as soon as Job A completes. 
                                     2. Job A runs at 11:00am, completed at 11:15am, Job B should run at 11:00, 11:10 and 11:15 as soon as Job A completes.

• 4.  RE: How to execute job B every 10 min between given hours and also run it when job A completed

Posted May 06, 2021 09:50 AM
    The first B job would contain the condition regarding the success of the A job.

The second B job you create would have a run window of 9am to 9pm, the schedule would include run days of Monday thru Friday and the schedule would include the minutes after each hour it is to run. For example, "0,10,20,30,40,50", for running the job every 10 minutes.