AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  CA Workload Automation 12.1 and Holiday Calendar

Posted Feb 20, 2020 05:01 PM
    Hello,

I'm defining a CA job to use a pre-defined holiday calendar, but the job does not seem to be honoring the holiday entries in the calendar.

Does anyone have any experience using a holiday calendar in a CA job definition?

I opened a CA support case (CA Case# 20304825) but they closed as they said they don't support usability of he product only defects.

Thanks,
    Pedro.

------------------------------
    Pedro M. Flores
    Lead Systems Engineer, IBM i
    CDW LLC
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: CA Workload Automation 12.1 and Holiday Calendar

Posted Feb 21, 2020 08:22 AM

Is this AutoSys?

The calendar must be assigned via run_calendar or exclude_calendar depending on use case. And date_conditions must be on.

Good luck.

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 3.  RE: CA Workload Automation 12.1 and Holiday Calendar

Posted Feb 24, 2020 05:13 PM
    CAWA DE

• 4.  RE: CA Workload Automation 12.1 and Holiday Calendar
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 25, 2020 03:44 AM
    Hi,

You can define the calendars at event level and jobs can have the holidays from the calendar.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/intelligent-automation/ca-workload-automation-de/12-2/scheduling/defining-events/create-an-event.html

Specify Calendars 
    or
     Calendar
    (Optional) Specifies up to two calendars that are used to schedule the Event.
    Default:
     SYSTEM calendar

• If your Event or Application uses any terms in a calendar other than the SYSTEM calendar, specify those calendars in this section. 
    • (Desktop Client only) You can set default calendars by selecting Window, Preferences, Desktop Client, Services Perspective, Event from the main menu.
    Hope it helps!
    Ravi Kiran

• 5.  RE: CA Workload Automation 12.1 and Holiday Calendar

Posted Feb 25, 2020 05:25 PM
    Thank You Ravi. Your feedback guided me into the right track to find the solution. I understand how to use the calendars now and I was able to tag the job with the holiday calendar needed.

I appreciate everyone's help in this thread. 

Thanks,
    Pedro.

• 6.  RE: CA Workload Automation 12.1 and Holiday Calendar

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2020 03:44 AM
    Good to know it helped!