AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Autosys jobs

Posted Mar 24, 2020 11:45 PM
    Hi Folks,

Do we have any command in Autosys to retrieve the report with the below details. Job_depends can get the details but I am looking only for the  the format that includes the following. 

1. Autosys Job Name
    2. Autosys starting conditions.
    3. Sequence of the job execution in the Autosys box.

Example:
    BoxName: Test_Box.B
    Job1, job2, job3 is part of  Test_Box.B. 
    The load order of jobs in Test_Box.B. Job1, job2 (Success of Job1) and Job3 (Success of Job2)
    job_depends -j job2
    s(Job1)
    job_depends -j job3
    s(Job2)

My report should be as below from the above example. Please let me know if we can use any command that includes any format to achieve the below report. 

JobName      Sequence of job     Condition
    Job1                  1
    Job2                  2                         s(job1)
    Job3                  3                         s(job2)

Thanks again in advance for your help.

• 2.  RE: Autosys jobs

Posted Mar 25, 2020 07:05 AM
    job_depends -c -d -J job%
    however understand the sequence is usually by JOID. so how you added your jobs is the order they usually show.
    I wouldnt worry about format as much as the data you retrieve is accurate.
    Good Luck

• 3.  RE: Autosys jobs

Posted Mar 25, 2020 11:01 AM
    Thanks very much Steve for the information. The command below will get the accurate details of the report that includes the job name and the order of the condition (dependency) that is used and I totally understand. But is there a way in Autosys where we can get a report based on the sequence of the order of the execution of the jobs ?

Let's say I have 100's of jobs in a box and I wanted to find the load sequence of the order of the jobs execution along with their dependencies. This can be used for preparing the documentation in excel which includes the job name, sequence of execution and the dependency condition instead of having the manual effort. I hope you got it.  

Sorry again  for asking too much help -:)

job_depends -c -d -J job1%
    Job Name                                               Date Cond?           Atomic Start Conditions
    ______________________________ _______________ _______________________

job_depends -c -d -J job2% 
    Job Name                                              Date Cond?             Atomic Start Conditions
    job2                                                           -------                    s(job1)

job_depends -c -d -J job3%
    Job Name                                             Date Cond?             Atomic Start Conditions
    job3                                                        -------                        s(job2)

• 4.  RE: Autosys jobs
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 25, 2020 12:14 PM

The readers digest/short answer: no.

You do realize sequence is arbitrary.. and if you have 20 jobs dependent on 1 job then the sequence is the first job and then the 20 in parallel depending if they arent workload balanced etc.

You may think your ask is simple but I the grand scheme it's quite large. You can only hope to come close at the time of the run.

��

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 5.  RE: Autosys jobs

Posted Mar 26, 2020 10:02 AM
    As Steve mentioned the short answer is no. The closest I've seen is the critical path report from JAWS but that changes based on daily run situation. Your best bet might be to use the flow view in WCC or come up with your own script/query for doing this (non-trivial). I have seen a few projects on Github that claim to do this but I have not used them myself.

Good Luck.

Best,
    Scott