AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  High Availability mode in AutoSys

Posted Jan 22, 2020 03:58 AM

Hi!

Help me to understand, please, what is correct work for high availability mode in CA workload automation AE?

I have 3 servers with primary, shadow and tie-breaker schedulers. autosyslog –e command says " The system is running in high availability mode".

I was trying to check the situation, when the main server with primary scheduler is down. As I understand, when system runs in high availability mode, and primary scheduler is down, shadow shcheduler must take control.

But when I turn off primary scheduler, I only see the message in log:"CAUAJM_I_00152 The primary has been shutdown. The system is no longer in high availability mode." If I try to start a job from wcc - there is no any action, it does not want to start using shadow scheduler. The situation is the same when the server with primary scheduler is in reboot or shutdown.

The only way I found to switch to the shadow scheduler is to make kill –KILL Primary_pid or send sendevent –E STOP_DEMON –v FAILOVER.

Is it common behavior for the system in high availability mode?

How can I make Shadow scheduler rising while Primary is down(stopped, turned off, but not killed by kill -9)

• 2.  RE: High Availability mode in AutoSys
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2020 01:04 PM
    The current implementation assumes if you are shutting down the primary gracefully that the intention is to essentially suspend scheduling and therefore does not promote the shadow scheduler to begin dispatching work. If the scheduler shuts down abnormally (e.g. crash, kill) the shadow will takeover. If you want to shutdown the primary and have the shadow takeover you can force this by using kill -9. Another option would be to used sendevent to force a failover instead of killing the primary.

------------------------------
    Broadcom - CA Technologies
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: High Availability mode in AutoSys

Posted Jan 24, 2020 03:18 AM
    Hi,

Daniel's answer is perfect.

if you want to check the status, just run chk_auto_up. It shoud come back with the status of connection to schedulers, application servers...

Best regards.
    José