AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  how to set alert for jobfailure or if the job runtime crosses 1 minute. .

Posted Jun 09, 2020 01:10 PM
    i am using ca workload 11.4.2 version. i want to set an alert incase of jobfailure or if the job runtime crosses 1 minute.
    Job failure notification is working but long running notification doesnt seem to work. Also it doesnt allow to set ID and email both.

BELOW IS PARAMETER FOR JIL FILE:
    Notification
    Alarms:
    Maximum run time(in mins): 1
    send alarm on failure:yes

notification services:
    Notification: Notify unconditionally
    ID:
    email addres: abc@gmail.com

• 2.  RE: how to set alert for jobfailure or if the job runtime crosses 1 minute. .

Posted Jun 09, 2020 10:16 PM
    Hi - 
    Alarm if fail as the name suggests, raises an alarm if the job fails. The maximum run time similarly raises a MAXRUNALARM alarm and send SNMP trap (if you enable it, that is). You'll need to use EventManagement (CA legacy or Automic) to do the email for [MAX|MIN]RUNALARM. 

Thanks & Regards,
    Chandru Venkataraman

• 3.  RE: how to set alert for jobfailure or if the job runtime crosses 1 minute. .

Posted Jun 09, 2020 11:36 PM
    i am getting job failure alert.

but the issue is Maximum run time notification is not working for me.. plesae refer my jil command as i have already given Notification: Notify unconditionally.

so ideally i should get alert in both failure as well as job overuns..

• 4.  RE: how to set alert for jobfailure or if the job runtime crosses 1 minute. .

Posted Jun 11, 2020 03:43 AM
    any example of MAXRUNALARM alarm sending notification incase of the job runtime crosses 1 minute.

• 5.  RE: how to set alert for jobfailure or if the job runtime crosses 1 minute. .

Posted Jun 11, 2020 04:03 AM
    Notify unconditionally - Sends a notification when the job completes with any status. It does not cover MAXRUNALARM or MINRUNALARM events. 
    You'll need an external tool - Automic Event Manager, CA (legacy) Event Management to capture the MAXRUNALARM (snmp) trap and trigger an email. 
    If you have the patience, you might be able to use the OMTF job type to watch the event_demon log for MAXRUNALARM alarm so it can send an email when it completes. 

• 6.  RE: how to set alert for jobfailure or if the job runtime crosses 1 minute. .

Posted Jun 11, 2020 12:30 PM
    Edited by abc aa Jun 11, 2020 12:33 PM
    thanks but where will i get that EXTERNAL TOOL option(screenshot attached.) sorry but its quite confusing since there is no clear documentation or video tutorials . can you please guide me.

• 7.  RE: how to set alert for jobfailure or if the job runtime crosses 1 minute. .
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 12, 2020 02:58 AM
    External tool is different software altogether - you can't access that from within WCC. Please refer to the following YT video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyThCoh2C1A

• 8.  RE: how to set alert for jobfailure or if the job runtime crosses 1 minute. .

Posted Jun 12, 2020 07:31 AM

Any trap receiver can receive SNMP Traps (service Manager) etc.

Many firms already have a 3rd party receiver. Just set up with that team and give them the MIB.

And set the SNMP Host inside the config.

Good Luck.

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.