AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Creating an extended calendar to run on a Monday after the first Sunday.

Posted Jan 15, 2020 11:30 AM
    I'm trying to create an extended calendar that will run on the first two Sundays of the month and on the Monday after the first Sunday.  So it will run Sunday, Monday and again next Sunday.  I've tried Sun#01 | Mon#01 | Sun#02 but that doesn't work when Monday is the first day of the month like in June 2020.  I've also tried to use WEKR7X## but that doesn't work like I thought it would.

------------------------------
    AutoSys Engineer
    Bank of America

• 2.  RE: Creating an extended calendar to run on a Monday after the first Sunday.
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 16, 2020 07:12 AM

That will be a complex algorithm and doing what you did will not be all .. you will need to be fancier than that

Work out on a piece of paper all the ways to get to your goal. The fact you want the Sunday and the Monday then a Sunday is going to be tricky..

Sounds like you need and & in there .. This is all part of our jobs... think it through ��

Good luck

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 3.  RE: Creating an extended calendar to run on a Monday after the first Sunday.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2020 10:26 AM
    Hi Leroy,

As Steve points out, we need to do a little more work on the Monday part.  I took a quick stab at it and came up with the following.
    Please let me know if it meets your needs.

Sun#01 | Sun#02 | ((Mon#01 ! MNTHD#1 )| (Mon#2 & MNTHD#8) )

The sunday portion is straight forward, but for the monday as you pointed out, if it's the first day of the month we need to exclude it and include the 8th day of the month in it's place.

Regards,
    Mike

• 4.  RE: Creating an extended calendar to run on a Monday after the first Sunday.

Posted Jan 16, 2020 10:44 AM
    ​Hi Mike,
      Yes, that will work.  However, where is that !  documnet as a not?  Is this (Mon#01 ! MNTHD#1) saying the first Monday but not if it's the first day of the month?  Is there a cheat sheet of tricks as this wold've been helpful but I never knew about it?

Thanks again!

AutoSys Engineer
    Bank of America