AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  AE installation error

Posted Apr 03, 2020 05:19 PM
      |   view attached
    Hi There,

While installing Autosys AE 11.3.6 SP8 on Windows Server 2019 with Microsoft SQL server 2017, getting below error.

Invalid microsoft password for user aedbadmin

ODBC driver manager data source name not found and no default driver

OS Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified

Please help in getting this issue resolved.

------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Bala
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: AE installation error

Posted Apr 04, 2020 04:16 AM
    Hey Bala,

It looks like there is a problem with the DB connection configuration. 

Can you please try to connect the Microsoft SQL server with some client/application ?

I would first make sure that the server written in the connection string is correct.

Good luck

Yoni

• 3.  RE: AE installation error

Posted Apr 05, 2020 06:03 AM
    Hi,

Here is the problem. we are not sure which client to use.

Is it we have to use SQL native client 11 OR ODBC driver?

Please suggest which client should be used to connect to Database from the Scheduler server.

Also please suggest what needs to be defined in the environment or system variable for the account thru which the scheduler is installed.

Thank you.

• 4.  RE: AE installation error

Posted Apr 05, 2020 06:40 AM
    Hey Bala,

I'm not sure , but i would go for the standard client from the DB manufacture
    (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/connect/jdbc/microsoft-jdbc-driver-for-sql-server?view=sql-server-ver15).

I usually work with oracle DB so I just downloaded the client from their site.

In linux i enter the bin file of the client to the PATH as well.

Sorry i cant be more specific .. 

Hope it helps any way :)

Thanks and regards,
    Yoni

• 5.  RE: AE installation error

Posted Apr 06, 2020 01:25 AM
    Hi Bala,
    If you have not found it already have a look at:
    http://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/intelligent-automation/workload-automation-ae-and-workload-control-center/11-3-6-SP8/installing/ae-installation/environment-and-database-connection.html

It advises  "For Microsoft SQL Server, you must install the Microsoft SQL Server client utilities on each scheduler and application server computer."
    regards
    Paul

• 6.  RE: AE installation error
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 06, 2020 07:06 AM

Most likely you did not set up tnsnames properly etc. However, with that said, this type of issue should be an open case with CA. debugging why your install didn't occur is a long arduous process and should be routed to CA/Browdcom L1/L2

Good luck.

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 7.  RE: AE installation error

Posted Apr 06, 2020 01:56 AM
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=72569

While you might get away with the 64bit MS SQL Server Client for the install, you will need a 32bit MS SQL Server client for the AutoSys and Scheduler to connect to the database after the install.