AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  peoplesoft adapter for Peopletools 8.57

Posted Nov 22, 2019 04:13 PM
    Hi all, is PeopleSoft Adapter Version 2.1.0 ( R19(ODBC 6.0) ) certified with PeopleTools 8.57. If it is not, when are you releasing the certified version of it?

• 2.  RE: peoplesoft adapter for Peopletools 8.57
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2019 12:03 PM
    HI,
    I believe you are using Autosys.  As of now, there is no ETA on PS Adaptor to support 8.56 or above.

You really should consider moving to WA Agent and PeopleSoft plugin.  The WA Agent PeopleSoft Plugin supports all newer PeopleTools including 8.57.

Thank you,
    Nitin Pande
    Broadcom

------------------------------
    Support
    Broadcom
    Toronto
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: peoplesoft adapter for Peopletools 8.57

Posted Dec 01, 2019 11:05 PM
    HI,

You should also note that The 8.56 legacy peoplesoft adapter does not support Oracle 19c as we've found in our tests. The WA Agent with PeopleSoft Plug in supports PeopleTools 8.57 and Oracle 19c which is the configuration of our recent deployments. It works well but there are differences due the job type related parameters also another major difference is the lack of std_err_file and std_out_file parms on the pplsoft job type. I used the odbc 8.0 jar file as had problems with odbc 6 jar file when connecting to the database.  

Note also that the job logs on the agent now go to a peoplesoft.log in the WA Agent log directory.  

I hope this helps.
    Regards
    Greg Bradley