AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Autosys AE Scheduler hangs & failover to secondary on HA environment

Posted Dec 05, 2019 11:15 AM
    Hi All,

Can any one help me on an issue with our Autosys issue. our scheduler is getting hung and initiates failover to secondary with below error
    "[12/04/2019 23:53:53]      CAUAJM_E_00051  Unable to create thread! [0xdcddba80][0]:Resource temporarily unavailable"

We have tried to investigate from both application end and also from OS level and couldn't find any reason.

Tried to perform few activities as below however issue still exists:

1. Increase file descriptor and processes values to the max
    2. Marked all Jobs to ON_ICE (only the ones which are generating restart events due to wrong profile mentioned in JILs)
    3. verified cpu/memory and they never cross 65% of total available
    4. increased DB_CONNECTIONS & SCHED_SCALE values

It's been an open issue with our application since 3 months and only workaround is to restart autosys services twice a day.

Can anyone help me giving more thoughts on what resource is being referred in the error message. is it at the OS level or autosys application config level. 

------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Santhosh

• 2.  RE: Autosys AE Scheduler hangs & failover to secondary on HA environment

Posted Dec 05, 2019 02:45 PM
    This is not an Autosys forum, but I supose some people here might also know Autosys (not me though.)

I found some other Autosys subjects in this forum;
    https://community.broadcom.com/mainframesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer?communitykey=a63272f0-fb9f-44be-b0ff-9657f904076e&tab=digestviewer

Pete

• 3.  RE: Autosys AE Scheduler hangs & failover to secondary on HA environment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2019 11:19 AM
    Hi Santhosh
    There is a separate forum for Autosys which also has many active Autosys users.

​please select Communities > Enterprise Software > Automation > Workload Automation from the menu above.

David

Senior Product Line Manager - Automation
    CA Technologies, A Broadcom Company

• 4.  RE: Autosys AE Scheduler hangs & failover to secondary on HA environment

Community Manager
    Posted Dec 13, 2019 09:03 AM
    I'll move this from the AWA community to the Workload Automation community.

Diane Craddock
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 5.  RE: Autosys AE Scheduler hangs & failover to secondary on HA environment
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 17, 2019 05:09 AM
    Hi,

We had something like that on a R11 AutoSys running on HPUX.

The issue we had was on the amount of heap_ssz application server and scheduler were allowed to use by the OS.

I hope this helps.

best regards.
    José