AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Autosys instances

Posted Mar 16, 2020 12:07 PM
    Edited by Sharath Kumar Mar 16, 2020 12:08 PM
    Hi Folks,

We have two instances in our autosys environment. Example (Instance1, Instance2). 

Instance 1 is the our environment where I can create the jobs and have complete access. 
    Instance 2 is owned by other team in our company. 

I have a job from Instance 1 where I need to have the dependency with job in Instance 2. What would be my possible option to setup the jobs between two instances. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 2.  RE: Autosys instances

Posted Mar 17, 2020 05:22 AM
    ​Hi,

AutoSys has a feature called Cross-Instance job dependency to do just what you ask for.

best regards.
    José

• 3.  RE: Autosys instances

Posted Mar 19, 2020 11:05 PM
    Thanks Lopez.

• 4.  RE: Autosys instances
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 18, 2020 02:07 PM
    Edited by Sharath Kumar Mar 19, 2020 11:06 PM
    information is here:  https://community.broadcom.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MID=822017-------------------------------------------

once you have set up the cross instance, in the condition field you just put s(jobname^ACE) to tell the scheduler to look on the ace instance for the success of jobname.

Original Message:
    Sent: 03-16-2020 12:07 PM
    Subject: Autosys instances

Hi Folks,

We have two instances in our autosys environment. Example (Instance1, Instance2).

Instance 1 is the our environment where I can create the jobs and have complete access.
    Instance 2 is owned by other team in our company.

I have a job from Instance 1 where I need to have the dependency with job in Instance 2. What would be my possible option to setup the jobs between two instances.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 5.  RE: Autosys instances

Posted Mar 19, 2020 11:07 PM
    Thanks a lot Linda .

• 6.  RE: Autosys instances

Posted Mar 18, 2020 11:47 PM
    Hi, Autosys supports cross instance dependencies. If you want to run job A in instance X based on the success of job B in instance Y, Then condition of job A in X instance is s(B^Y). Hope this clarifies.

Regards,
    Arun D.

• 7.  RE: Autosys instances

Posted Mar 19, 2020 11:08 PM
    Thanks Arun.