AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Changing System Agents to Clustered environment

Posted Jan 09, 2020 09:02 AM
    Hello,

We currently have 4 Windows servers with Systems Agents installed on them "standalone". The Application owner now wants to create a Cluster with these 4 servers. I'm familiar with installing new Agents in a clustered environment, but we've never had to change to one like this.

So I'm not clear on how we would do this. Do we need to re-install the Agents using the Cluster parms or can the Agentparm.txt file just be updated with that information, bounce the Agents and off we go ?

------------------------------
    IT Engineer
    Cigna/Express-Scripts
    OH

• 2.  RE: Changing System Agents to Clustered environment
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 09, 2020 01:14 PM

No need to reinstall the agents.

Make a backup copy of the agentparm.txt and add an entry for each Alias/Virtual IP Address

You also need to update the scheduler with a agent name for each Alias/Virtual IP Address.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/intelligent-automation/workload-automation-system-agent/11-5/configuring/configure-the-agent/configure-agent-aliases-for-clustered-environments.html

Which Scheduling Manager are you using?

Senior Systems Analyst
    UPS

• 3.  RE: Changing System Agents to Clustered environment

Posted Jan 10, 2020 08:08 AM
    Excellent Rick. I thought we could do it via the agentparm.txt file, but wanted to get confirmation from someone more familiar. I understand the clustered environment Agent setup, but a "migration" to one was something I hadn't done yet.

We're still using the CA7 Scheduling Manager with an eye toward migration to ESP at some point. 

Thank you very much for the quick response.

IT Engineer
    Cigna/Express-Scripts
    OH