AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  EEM permission needed for server to call webservice to update AutoSys?

Posted Jun 09, 2020 10:30 AM
    Hi all,

Whilst I've long worked with AutoSys and EEM, I'm at a new company that heavily uses the webservices interface to interact, and I've not much experience with the webservices.
    We have an issue where a user group is calling the webservice to upload jil code changes to the instance but it is failing.  They are calling the webservice from a server that is not defined in the AutoSys instance, HOWEVER the jobs being defined are set to run on other machines.  Nevertheless they are seeing an EEM as-machine error referring to the server being used to call the webservice.

I do not see any reference in the documentation that a server needs be defined as a machine to call the webservice.
    I don't have access to EEM, so I cannot check if there is a specific setting needed to allow a server to call the webservice.

Thank you in advance,
    Joe Poutre

• 2.  RE: EEM permission needed for server to call webservice to update AutoSys?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 10, 2020 01:27 AM
    Hi Joe, 
    AFAIK, which is not much, the server where the webservice is being called from doesn't have to be defined as a machine, however the user / service account that is calling the webservice needs to have WorkloadAutomationAEWebService application group access privilege in EEM. What version of WAAE are you using? I believe JIL via AEWS will be available in r12. How are you performing the jil upload? Through Command Sponsor?
    I wonder if the user@machine is being passed on to EEM for authentication/authorisation and the EEM doesn't like the machine where the request is coming from?

Thanks, 
    Chandru Venkataraman

• 3.  RE: EEM permission needed for server to call webservice to update AutoSys?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 10, 2020 04:05 PM
    Joe,

Chandru is correct. There are no requirements for the EEM server to be defined to AutoSys as a machine. In addition to the standard EEM policy checks performed using jil, the user authenticating with the web server must belong to the WorkloadAutomationAEWebService application group. He is also correct that jil has been added as a web service for the 12.0 release. This includes both POST and GET functionality.

------------------------------
    Broadcom - CA Technologies
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: EEM permission needed for server to call webservice to update AutoSys?

Posted Jun 16, 2020 10:28 AM
    Thank you Chandru and Daniel for confirming. 

Joe