AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Is there a way to install and configure the agent as not as a windows service?

Posted Jan 09, 2020 05:31 PM
    I've been struggling for over 2 or 3 months, opened several discussion threads in here about how I have an agent and I want to open a program for example notepad, winword through a batch file or a powershell, without any luck.
    And I was wondering if there's a way to install the agent other than as windows service? to see if that way I can make it work.
    Thank you

• 2.  RE: Is there a way to install and configure the agent as not as a windows service?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2020 10:44 AM
    Hi,
    The WA Agent runs in background to run the jobs.  So it has to be installed as service like any other program running in the background.  You can manually start the agent from command prompt, but if the command terminal is closed, so will agent.  The Windows Agent is able to run exe in interactive manner and start notepad etc.  You will need to setup interactive switch in the job (refer to manager side documentation).  See this link as well.

Thank you,
    Nitin Pande

------------------------------
    Support
    Broadcom
    Toronto
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Is there a way to install and configure the agent as not as a windows service?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2020 11:05 AM
    Yes, there is a way to run the agent on Windows without starting the service.   It should not be used in normal operations, but for the 'testing' scenario you are describing it should be fine.

The agent has a startup parameter call "-debug" that will run the agent in the 'foreground'.

If you open a command prompt, cd to the agent directory and execute the following command:
        cybAgent -debug

The agent will start and execute until you stop it by interrupting it with a CTRL-C in the command prompt.