AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Autosys and Splunk

Posted May 05, 2020 08:47 AM
    Hi to all, some time without posting.    Hope everyone is doing ok.

I have a question regarding how to have Splunk import ????  data from autosys for management use.  
    We need:
    1) system performance
    2) Number of jobs running
    3) Jobs in failures, etc
    4) Wcc performance
    5) EEM performance
    6) problems in slowness.
    7) How to use the hearthbeat from autosys to make charts

Thanks
    RF

------------------------------
    Senior Autosys Integrator
    Brown Brothers & Harriman
    Nj.

• 2.  RE: Autosys and Splunk
    Best Answer

Posted May 07, 2020 12:42 PM
    Hello Ramon,
    For some of that you could consider importing the event_demon log files.  That will provide job run information.
    For WCC, have you considered a transactional testing tool, simulating logins and mouse-clicks for a standard set of user interactions?
    Alternately, if your WCC runs on Windows, use Splunk to pull in WMI and performance data.
    EEM has all those lovely XML files; I have not attempted to import XML data yet, but a quick search of the Splunk site shows there are ways to do that.

Good luck!
    Joseph Poutre

• 3.  RE: Autosys and Splunk

Posted May 08, 2020 06:59 AM

I have been data mining AutoSys since version 2.0. you grab info from tables when needed for storage of much of the data you have the archive files and the event log and as server lg and now webservice log for use. the amount of times you may use it..depends on issues you have with product or job runs.

As for failure counts etc. WCC has a report.

Everyone will have their own method and perspective on what to do...do what fits for your firm...

Hope that helps.

Steve C.

Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in this message.

Confidentiality Note: This message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission, dissemination or other use, or taking of any action in reliance upon this message by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your computer.

• 4.  RE: Autosys and Splunk

Posted May 08, 2020 11:22 AM
    Thanks   Joseph and Steve.    I was looking for not having to reinvent the wheel., but I have been looking at getting data directly from the Database.

Thanks.
    RF

Senior Autosys Integrator
    Brown Brothers & Harriman
    Nj.