AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Access rights to database agent plugin

Posted Jul 09, 2020 02:58 PM
    Hi,

I've got a unix agent with the database plugin added to it. What do I need to do in the entitlements manager in order to grant users to the database connection functionality?

Agent capabilities are thus:

Functionality Installed with Agent:
    Name Enabled
    - router Yes
    - management No
    - runner Yes
    - filebrowser Yes
    - objmon Yes
    - ftp Yes
    - snmp No
    - config No
    - filemon Yes

Additional Integrations/Plugins Installed on Agent:
    Name Enabled Version
    - Database Yes R11.3, Service Pack 5, Build 830

The user already has rights to the base agent but any attempt to access the database extensions comes back with "no permission to create".

I should add at this point that I am a stand-in admin for this and I have no training on Autosys. I am familiar with a competitive product so conceptually I have an idea of what needs to be done. It is just a case of finding out what I need to change and where.

TIA

• 2.  RE: Access rights to database agent plugin

Posted Jul 10, 2020 12:41 AM
    Hi, 
    It looks like the "no permission to create" comes from the database end? At what point do you see this error?

• 3.  RE: Access rights to database agent plugin
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2020 09:38 AM
    Hi,

When does that message come back?  When you are creating the job or running the job?
    If it is creating, then it should come back with more information on what resource class and name needs permission in EEM.
    If you are getting it when running the job, then that is coming from the database and not EEM.  Say for example, you are doing a database trigger job.  The owner of the job will be used to connect to the database (Password entered using autosys_secure) and that user needs permission to create a trigger in the database.

Regards,
    Mike

• 4.  RE: Access rights to database agent plugin

Posted Jul 10, 2020 09:57 AM
    I'm waiting for word back from the end user looking for confirmation from the DBAs that their runtime account has all the necessary permissions.

• 5.  RE: Access rights to database agent plugin

Posted Aug 07, 2020 06:21 PM
    Owner of the job and not the database user specified in the agent connection strings?

• 6.  RE: Access rights to database agent plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2020 11:21 AM
    Hi,

The owner of the job will be used to connect to the database.  The userid/password are entered using autosys_secure.
    You will need to enter a domain name when entering it, but unless the machine is defined as opsys: Windows, it will not be sent.
    For example if I create a user mike@prodb in autosys_secure, the user being passed will be 'mike' with what ever password you entered.

You can verify that the credentials are passed, by looking at the receiver.log on the agent machine.  Just look for that the user and password fields have values.  The password will be encrypted, but it must be filled in.  It is case sensitive, so be sure to make the owner exactly the way it was entered.

Regards,
    Mike

• 7.  RE: Access rights to database agent plugin

Posted Oct 01, 2020 09:53 AM
    Still haven't got this working. 

When I'm registering the agent with the database plugin do I need to register the plugin using the communications alias?
    In other words do I need to insert a new machine using the comms alias value as listed in agentparms.txt?

• 8.  RE: Access rights to database agent plugin

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 06, 2020 04:08 PM
    Hi,

You don't need to use a communication alias during the plugin install.  

Mike