AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Add autosyslog command as a RESTful API

Posted May 13, 2020 12:13 PM
    Add the ability to retrieve standard out/standard error job log files directly via an AutoSys RESTful API call.

This is currently only available via the AutoSys client "autosyslog" command but we have a number of application teams who have requested this functionality be exposed via a RESTful web service call.

Thanks
    Nick

------------------------------
    Batch Services Technical Lead
    RBS

• 2.  RE: Add autosyslog command as a RESTful API
    Best Answer

Posted May 13, 2020 12:27 PM

new ideation raised:-

Add RESTful api for autosyslog command

https://community.broadcom.com/participate/ideation-home/viewidea?IdeationKey=376a92ad-5723-4aa6-93f8-e80f376be567

Batch Services Technical Lead
    RBS

• 3.  RE: Add autosyslog command as a RESTful API

Posted May 17, 2020 03:30 AM
    In R12, the WCC Command Sponsor has been discontinued and I assume ECLI uses Web Services (AEWS). I have used autosyslog commands through ECLI, so I believe (or hope) ECLI might be able to handle autosyslog through AEWS. I don't know how it works under the hood, though.

• 4.  RE: Add autosyslog command as a RESTful API

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2020 08:00 AM
    While it is true that the ECLI functionality has moved from iGateway to the Tomcat hosting the AEWS web services. The ECLI web service has not been enabled for public consumption. Retrieving log files with functionality similar to that provided by autosyslog seems like something that would be useful. We'll monitor the posted idea to see what level of interest it draws.

Broadcom - CA Technologies