AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

File Trigger Events Suspend Count Reduced to 0 After Coldstart

• 1.  File Trigger Events Suspend Count Reduced to 0 After Coldstart

Posted Feb 04, 2019 08:42 AM
    We had to perform a cold start level 1 this past weekend on our test system. We use a good bit of file trigger events and after the cold start it seems that all file trigger events suspend count was reduced to 0. I was able to reproduce the same results in our sandbox system.
    Does anyone know the reason for this or if it is a bug in this version that was introduced with the enhancement to file trigger events, see below. How are you to easily prevent file trigger events from trying to run if after a cold start, the suspend count is reduced to 0. Am i missing something in the doc that states the suspend count is reduced to 0 after a cold start? Our build information is below.
    CA Workload Automation Server Version: 12.1.00.00
    Build: 1895
    Build Date: 201809251306
    Enhancements to File Trigger Event
    In previous releases, File Trigger Events might stop monitoring the file and become inactive in
    scenarios, such as invalid file, invalid user login, and inactive agent. The following error message
    might occur, and you need to suspend and resume the Event manually.
    'Not active. "Scan Failed"; "The 'path/file' does not exist or not a directory"
    In this release, to prevent File Trigger Events from staying inactive, the server scans the Event
    status regularly and ensures that the Event is activated automatically with the appropriate status.
    Hence, you do not need to suspend and resume the Event manually.

• 2.  Re: File Trigger Events Suspend Count Reduced to 0 After Coldstart

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 05, 2019 05:53 PM

I had a quick look at this, the behavior is the same in previous release 12.0.02. For file trigger events, the suspend count deceased to zero after a cold start except type level 2.
    Though the status indicates ‘suspended’, the suspend count should not be updated for any cold start. This needs to be reviewed for possible enhancement.