AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Job edit user rights configuration

Posted Mar 16, 2018 06:59 AM

Hi All,

Currently i am facing issue in creating a user who should have rights to execute and edit jobs capability in WCC.

I have created users using dynamic user group policy, by that currently user is able to check status of jobs of his group.

But unable to execute job, i dont want to use out of box available roles.

i am using following policies for custom user group

ServerAccess policies

MonitorViewcontrol

LogAccess

as-control policies --excute option checked in SENDEVENT_GRPAPP , excute option checked in STOP_DEMON Policy

as-job  policies

Kindly assist .

thanks

• 2.  Re: Job edit user rights configuration

Posted Mar 16, 2018 10:12 AM

first off.. DISABLE SENDEVENT GRPAPP.  (it is very dangerous)

secondly to edit jobs you need to make sure as-machine/job/ etc etc etc all have proper policies. 

WCC will follow the general rules you have in place under the Autosys as policies.

in the WCC policies you need to make sure they have access to the quickedit tab. 

Hope that helps and good luck 

Steve C.

• 3.  Re: Job edit user rights configuration
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 16, 2018 10:58 AM

second Steve's suggestions. First lock down the policies on the WorkloadAutomationAE application in EEM.

Secondly - if you are not seeing the Actions dropdown in Quick View to sendevents (startjob etc) then in the WCC0004 application, update the ConfigurationControl -> ConfigurationControlEventDefault Policy

This could be named differently in your environment, if you've disabled the default policies and created new ones etc.