AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Workload Control center Direction - iXP?

Posted Mar 16, 2018 09:50 AM

I have this feeling that WCC usage maybe headed towards the iXP direction. May I please say DON'T do that PLEASE! 

I do NOT wish to see a circumvention of eEM policies in WCC and I do not wish more overhead in the DB.

The main criticism, we all have is the collector efficiency needs to be fixed. The basic functionality of WCC is much better than 11.3 and almost has useful as 11.0 (even though it was a rough it had some good features)

Please focus on better collection/and a means to force a full collection by ADMINS, then change the look and feel of the GUI per the needs of the community as a whole. 

I will not bore people with my personal feelings regarding the other product suite CA purchased.

My only concern is the proper direction of WCC.

I will now return you to your regularly scheduled program ... :-)

Thank you 

Steve C.

• 2.  Re: Workload Control center Direction - iXP?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 04, 2018 08:52 AM

Steve,

The direction we are moving is to also allow WCC to support a simplified interface for the more casual users like those typically using iXp. I don't envision any significant deviations from the existing security policy implementation.

The upcoming 12.0 implementation is expected to address issues with organization, reduce the number of clicks required for most frequently used tasks, improve scalability, etc. One of the fundamental differences between WCC and iXp is that WCC was designed for a team of workload automation experts, typically centralized, whereas iXp was designed more for the decentralized teams where application developers manage the subset of work in their domain.

Most organizations have migrated from the centralized automation team, that WCC was originally designed to support, to the more scalable decentralized model. WCC has not adopted to this transition. Unlike yourself, the typical application user does not strive to become an automation expert. This presents many challenges as we attempt to simplify the experience so the application developers can efficiently do their work. Supporting this model is essential to meet, what is or has become, the more common usage model.

As we implement the changes, these will be presented during the sprint reviews. These are intended to provide customers the opportunity to guide us to an amenable solution toward meeting their needs. I strongly encourage you to continue following the sprint reviews, either live or via the recordings, and provide feedback. It's through this feedback we'll arrive at a solution that provides the flexibility to meet specific needs.

Thanks for sharing your concerns. We'll keep this in mind as we proceed.

Dan

• 3.  Re: Workload Control center Direction - iXP?

Posted Apr 04, 2018 09:05 AM

Dan,

Fair enough and I agree on the keep it simple approach. I think one of the main issues for WCC usage is the degrade of collector efficiency, I think WCC holds a lot of value and we just want more real time sight on the job statuses. 

I fully understand the need to support the needs of the many or the whole, I expect nothing less from a product. :-)

My main concern was the security model and some of the design.

As long as the security model, remains intact and the end goal is to make a more streamlined palatable GUI, I am happy. and yes i will be involved no worries on that front :-)

Thank you for the time end consideration you always give to us. 

Steve C.