AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How to initiate/trigger an autosys job/box using SSIS package

Posted Jun 05, 2017 08:54 AM

Hi Team,

I have below condition,

There are 10 files at a location which are with different tags in file names like 'Sales','Production', 'Inventory', etc.

Each tag has Autosys Job/box 

Now I want to read file name and initiate the respective job

For the above I created SSIS package and able to read the filename and identify the job for that file.

But how do i trigger the Autosys job/step from SSIS

• 2.  Re: How to initiate/trigger an autosys job/box using SSIS package

Posted Jun 05, 2017 10:03 AM

so you want to scheduler the scheduler from another product? why? 

since these are files why not have your autosys jobs waiting on the file then trigger off the file being there.. 

This could be the most simplest of the many approaches.. 

Hope that helps. 

Steve C.

• 3.  Re: How to initiate/trigger an autosys job/box using SSIS package

Posted Jun 06, 2017 01:36 AM

I came up with the above approach but for this I need to have multiple file watcher for each box and has to be scheduled at particular time, her file arrival time is not fixed.

• 4.  Re: How to initiate/trigger an autosys job/box using SSIS package

Posted Jun 07, 2017 03:37 AM

If you have AE Client installed on the server where the SSIS package is executed, you may be able to use the Execute Process Task within SSIS to call sendevent CLI to perform a STARTJOB event. I'd go with Steve's suggestion to create file trigger/watcher to keep it all within AE.

• 5.  Re: How to initiate/trigger an autosys job/box using SSIS package

Posted Jun 16, 2017 05:10 AM

Hi Shankar,

Did you manage to get your SSIS package to work the way you needed? Would you like to share your approach with us so others might benefit from your insights. Did any of the suggestions here help? If so, please mark the comment you deem appropriate as helpful/answer. Thanks!