AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Question regarding interactive batch scheduling using Autosys

Posted Apr 23, 2017 10:38 PM
      |   view attached
    Hi All,

We have requirement wherein a batch program on a windows server will be triggered by Autosys job but when that batch program is running no other user should be logged in to the server other than the job owner because batch program is interactive program and it should run without any interruption else it would complete without processing the actual data. So, I would like to know if,  1. Is there any command that can be run to automatically log off any user logged onto the server before the run of the batch program ? Or, 2. Any mechanism which can ensure that no other should be logged in to the server when the batch program is running on windows server ?

I added session 0 parameters given in below document but it didn't work.
    https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1441838.html

The job performs following 3 steps : 1. Reads account number and bill date from csv file .  2. Downloads the bill for that date  ** 3. Creates New CSV file with status  Step # 2 which downloads the bills from a website from IE browser doesn't download the bills when other user logs in. For example, if there are 10 records and the job has started downloading those 10 records and if another user logs in after downloading 5 records, job would skip another 5 records and job would complete. So, it doesn't download remaining 5 records. In short, whenever other user logs in when downloading bills, it skips the process of downloading the bills and completes.  There are no errors reported in std_out or std_err file.
    I'm attaching the agentparm file herewith for your reference.
    Any views would really be appreciated.
    Thanks, Yogesh

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: Question regarding interactive batch scheduling using Autosys

Posted Apr 24, 2017 11:26 AM

Batch is not meant for interactive processes? there is also a job type for that..

This could be a windows Issue and NOT AutoSys.

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish the questions is a bit open ended