AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

If statement in job run time for different time zone.  Need help with syntax.

• 1.  If statement in job run time for different time zone.  Need help with syntax.

Posted Jun 09, 2016 05:27 PM

I have a schedule that runs 3 times a day.

8:30AM London Daily

11:45AM London Daily

2:15PM London Daily

In the application I need to run a job ONLY when in the 2 oclock hour LONDON TIME. 

How would I put that into an if statement? 

I know I can do... %IF(APPL._SHH == '14', 'true', 'false') but I need it to be 14:00 LONDON time. 

We want to schedule it in London time because Europe Daylight Savings time is different than US.  We don't want to have to keep going back and modifying the jobs every year.

• 2.  Re: If statement in job run time for different time zone.  Need help with syntax.
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 10, 2016 03:43 PM

Hi April,

What scheduler are you using?  DE or ESP?

DE you might be able to make use of the getServerTimeZone function to get the server's time zone.  Wonder if you can calculate UK/London time based on the value returned.

getServerTimeZone—Return the Server Time Zone Information

The getServerTimeZone function returns the server time zone information. This function has no parameters.

The function returns a GetServerTimeZoneResponse structure containing a StandardResponse structure and a TimeZoneDetails structure. The TimeZoneDetails structure contains the following fields:

ID

Specifies the time zone ID.

displayName

Specifies the name of the time zone.

rawOffset

Specifies the amount of time in milliseconds to add to UTC to get the standard time in this time zone. This value is not affected by daylight saving time.

DSTSavings

Specifies the amount of time to be added to the local standard time to get the local wall clock time.

usingDST

Indicates whether the time zone uses daylight saving time.

Regards,

Pradeepan Gunabalasingam