AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Agent can't recognize Special Character

Posted Jun 01, 2016 01:13 PM

We are facing the following issue:

In DSeries Manager, I've defined a job with multiple arguments in the pattern below:

abc abc "01 HSB $WKLDMAANTE $WKLDMAATUA D $WKLDMAAPOS CRU" abc abc

in this example the total is 5 parameters sent to the customer's script (the third one between double quotes).

The following line is the sending from manager to the agent (tracelog):

Args("abc abc ""01 HSB $WKLDMAANTE $WKLDMAATUA D $WKLDMAAPOS CRU"" abc abc")

And the following line has the way that Agent is recognizing data (receiver.log on Linux Agent):

...RUN . Data(Args="abc abc \"01?HSB?$WKLDMAANTE?$WKLDMAATUA?D?$WKLDMAAPOS?CRU\" abc abc",Script=...

Customer's script requires that the blank spaces inside the third parameter must be got by the ALT+255 key combination, and not with the SpaceBar key. If we replace the unrecognized "ALT+255" blank spaces to the common spacebar, the script undoes the expected concatenation (because with ALT+255 the entire argument acts as a unique string).

How can I fix this problem, in order to make System Agent recognize properly the ALT+255 blank character, delivering to the script the expected blank space and not the interrogation signal?

• 2.  Re: Agent can't recognize Special Character

Posted Jun 02, 2016 02:07 PM

There is any agentparm.txt parameter necessary to accept the ASCII range from 128-255? My agent is Suse Linux and, as a found in a few forums, Linux don't need to map a specific codepage.

• 3.  Re: Agent can't recognize Special Character
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 15, 2016 12:16 PM

Hi Thiago,

I believe you have been working with Leandro on this issue via a support ticket and an answer was provided.

Based on our development team's feedback, this is not currently supported.

Regards,

Pradeepan Gunabalasingam