AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Desktop Client / workload Automation VET

Posted Jan 20, 2016 08:44 AM

We have Workload DE 11.1 and when a job is triggered in Desktop Client when checking the details we can see for example the following in the Start Date: Tue 12 Jan 2016 18:08:27 VET. Is there a way to change any configuration because our time zone is UTC-04:00 GeorgeTown, La paz,Manaus, San Juan and for reporting we have to add 30 minutes. In the database Repository the job is logging with the correct time.

Any Suggestion?

• 2.  Re: Desktop Client / workload Automation VET

Posted Jan 20, 2016 10:41 AM

Hi luisguzman,

I am not aware of any configuration to change time zone calculations of desktop client.  Desktop client convert the date and time value stored in the database to its local time.  Would you be able to provide a concrete example, with the actual value stored in the database, the value that is being displayed in the desktop client, and time zone setting on the server where desktop client is installed.

Could it be your jre is being used with DE 11.1 client is not converting the time zone correctly?  We need to see that is the time value stored in the database table.  The 30 minutes sounds like it might be related to daylight savings settings.

Regards,

Pradeepan

• 3.  Re: Desktop Client / workload Automation VET

Posted Jan 21, 2016 01:46 AM

Greetings Pradeepan,

For example in the database i have an application was completed at 03:40AM but when checking with desktop client it say it was startet at Wed 20 Jan 2016 03:10:00 VET. So actually i have to add 30 minutes to get the correct time of execution. I am including this printScreens. The timezone of the desktop client machine is the same with the workload server timeZone.

Desktop Client TimeZone

LocalTime.PNG

Desktop Client

desktopClientTime.PNG

Database Time

DatabaseTime.PNG

Any suggestion?

• 4.  Re: Desktop Client / workload Automation VET

Posted Jan 22, 2016 09:20 AM

Hi luisguzman,

I had a quick discussion with our development team on this issue, and we believe it might be related to the JRE version and missing jre/os patches.  To troubleshoot this further, could you please open a support ticket with the following information release and build number of DSeries Server and Desktop client, JRE versions of the DE server and Desktop Client and the release information of MS Windows server on which Desktop client is installed.

Thanks,

Pradeep