AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  FTP JIL Enhancement: Delete or rename the target file after it has been FTP

Posted Dec 03, 2014 05:02 PM

I like to be able to either delete or rename the target file of my FTP JIL after it has been transferred.

This way we do not have to recreate a second job to do this.  It should all be in the same JIL

• 2.  Re: FTP JIL Enhancement: Delete or rename the target file after it has been FTP

Posted Feb 10, 2015 10:09 AM

Hi John,

Please use ftp_command  . Please refer the reference guide for more details. I am trying to test the same requirement right now. Thanks

The ftp_command attribute specifies the commands to execute prior to file transfer. You can use this attribute to send site-specific FTP commands to FTP servers.

Supported Job Type

This attribute is optional for the FTP job type (see page 305).

Syntax

This attribute has the following format:

ftp_command: command[,command...]

Example: Send FTP Commands to an FTP Server

This example sends two FTP commands to the FTP server prior to transferring a file.

insert_job: CYBJK.FTP

job_type: FTP

machine: ftpagent

ftp_server_name: ftp.ca.com

ftp_server_port: 21

ftp_transfer_direction: DOWNLOAD

ftp_transfer_type: B

ftp_compression: 8

ftp_remote_name: /pub/cazip.exe

ftp_local_name: /tmp/bla

ftp_command: locsite blksize=FB

ftp_command: locsite automount

owner: user1@ftp.ca.com

• 3.  Re: FTP JIL Enhancement: Delete or rename the target file after it has been FTP

Posted Feb 13, 2015 12:02 PM

Hi John,

Yes, We can't rename or delete after FTP . We can only do it before FTP . Thanks for creating the idea for enhancement. We will adding votes for it. Thanks