AutoSys Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Can someone please tell me on what basis the jobs are being INACTIVATED and ACTIVATED in R11...appreciate your time and response...

• 1.  Can someone please tell me on what basis the jobs are being INACTIVATED and ACTIVATED in R11...appreciate your time and response...

Posted 02-24-2015 02:30 AM

Can someone please tell me on what basis the jobs are being INACTIVATED and ACTIVATED in R11...appreciate your time and response...

• 2.  Re: Can someone please tell me on what basis the jobs are being INACTIVATED and ACTIVATED in R11...appreciate your time and response...

Posted 02-24-2015 03:42 PM
    what basis the jobs are being

Events in the unprocessed events table are processed by the event processor?

• 3.  Re: Can someone please tell me on what basis the jobs are being INACTIVATED and ACTIVATED in R11...appreciate your time and response...

Posted 02-24-2015 08:50 PM

Hi anand13,

If you meant "INACTIVATE (IN) and ACTIVATED (AC)" job status as such, then INACTIVE status could be a result of actions, including;

- The job is newly inserted.

- The job was put ON_ICE and then OFF_ICE

- The job was put ON_NOEXEC and then OFF_NOEXEC (applicable to WAAE 11.3.5/11.3.6)

- Job has a run_calendar but there are no more (future) days in the calendar left.

- Job has an exclude_calendar and it's STARTJOB event happened to be processed on a day included in the exclude_calendar (happens if the job is in a box and the box run spills to the next day).

As for the status ACTIVE (AC), if the job is in a box and the box is running (RU), the job is set to activated status until such time it's dependencies (date/time or job) are met.

If you meant general triggering of jobs by INACTIVATED and ACTIVATED, then it is based on their date/time, calendar and/or job dependencies.

HTH,

Chandru

• 4.  Re: Can someone please tell me on what basis the jobs are being INACTIVATED and ACTIVATED in R11...appreciate your time and response...

Posted 03-04-2015 07:17 AM

FYI - This behavior hasn't changed in 20 years.