Can someone please tell me on what basis the jobs are being INACTIVATED and ACTIVATED in R11...appreciate your time and response...
Events in the unprocessed events table are processed by the event processor?
If you meant "INACTIVATE (IN) and ACTIVATED (AC)" job status as such, then INACTIVE status could be a result of actions, including;
- The job is newly inserted.
- The job was put ON_ICE and then OFF_ICE
- The job was put ON_NOEXEC and then OFF_NOEXEC (applicable to WAAE 11.3.5/11.3.6)
- Job has a run_calendar but there are no more (future) days in the calendar left.
- Job has an exclude_calendar and it's STARTJOB event happened to be processed on a day included in the exclude_calendar (happens if the job is in a box and the box run spills to the next day).
As for the status ACTIVE (AC), if the job is in a box and the box is running (RU), the job is set to activated status until such time it's dependencies (date/time or job) are met.
If you meant general triggering of jobs by INACTIVATED and ACTIVATED, then it is based on their date/time, calendar and/or job dependencies.
FYI - This behavior hasn't changed in 20 years.