AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Workload Automation 11.3 SP-n on NAS Appliance?

Posted May 12, 2014 11:19 PM

I'm new to CA-ESP and was asked by a co-worker today, this question:

How can ESP communicate with a NAS (Network Attached Storage) device to watch for a file creation.

As we move away from the file servers (which had ESP installed) to the NAS solution could this be a problem?

I opened a ticket and got back a response saying that it would be a nice enhancement request.  Is that correct?

• 2.  RE: Workload Automation 11.3 SP-n on NAS Appliance?

Posted May 15, 2014 09:54 AM

I did not see a reply out here so I thought I would put my 2cents in here.....

I have struggled in a couple cases but normally this can be set. 

The issue that I have had most times is that the Windows agent's service normally runs as administrator.  Running as administrator gives it full authority to everything on the server but does not allow it to access to anything on the domain. To resolve this, you can try running the agent as a domain user instead....The agent can be modified to run as a domain user by right clicking on the windows service itself.  It is best a best practice to set up a special service account ID instead of having it run as a real user that may leave the company. 

Another solution is to have a persistant mapped drive to that NAS share and reference it as a local  drive. (ex T:\mapped drive)

2cents

Don Powell