Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Color changes in new UI

Posted Dec 16, 2019 09:45 AM
    Just curious why the colors in the drop down have been changed.  What was the purpose of changed Burnt Orange to Mustard, Yellow to Olive, etc...?

Users have been using these color definitions and you just go and change them?  It's 2019, at least support the old colors and just open up a color pallet for selection of an wide array of additional colors or RGB codes. This is a much more significant change than just reskinning a UI and tossing out user's existing custom columns and filters.

• 2.  RE: Color changes in new UI

Posted Dec 16, 2019 12:02 PM
    Agreed, we made heavy use of the colors. Is there documentation showing what the color was before has changed to? For example, Burnt Orange to Mustard, Yellow to Olive?

• 3.  RE: Color changes in new UI
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 16, 2019 12:08 PM
    Hi All,

I'm trying to get some verification on this, but I believe that the changes to the colors were done to be more in line with accessibility guidelines.  Here is a chart showing our before and after:

• 4.  RE: Color changes in new UI

Posted Dec 23, 2019 03:31 PM
    David please update the FAQ and "new ui guide" PDFs that Broadcom is providing. We have users that actively use colors for codifying their artifacts, and any change in colors (either the appearance, or the name used in filters). It LOOKS from my one little Team Board experiment that the transition is close, and my saved filter set updated appropriately (the filters are saved in Shared Views). 

------------------------------
    SM, Agile Coach, Application Support
    Cigna

• 5.  RE: Color changes in new UI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 18, 2019 01:53 PM
    Hi,

I also wonder why the darker orange color still appears in the Kanban view, but is mustard (which is a light orange color)... shouldn't it be peach since it's a closer match to the original color? and conversely shouldn't mustard be the replacement color for the light orange in the classic color pallet? 

Its just not intuitive to reverse those two colors since they look different on the board, then they do within the user story.

• 6.  RE: Color changes in new UI

Posted Dec 30, 2019 02:11 PM
    We have a lot of users who use colors to categorize their work, so this change may cause some disruption.  For example, 35% of our portfolio items are something other than the default color.

Also, I've noticed that when picking a color or adding a color filter I see the new color names, but when the filter is applied, the filter shows the current color names. Will that change at some point?

Terry Ginzburg

• 7.  RE: Color changes in new UI

Posted Dec 31, 2019 09:02 AM

I agree. Changing both the names and colors will cause disruptions for us.  We use colors on ALL of our work to differentiate our portfolio work and carry those colors down from the portfolio item through all of the features associated with it.  It allows us to see where we are spending the bulk of our time and money.  And all of our teams use their own color schema on user stories based on their team needs.  I don't think we have any items in Agile Central that do not have a color associated with them.  We are luck thus far – we do not have the new color scheme pushed to us. I am really dreading it...

Cherri Reddick,

Program Management Senior Advisor

Cigna

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: If you have received this email in error,
    please immediately notify the sender by e-mail at the address shown. 
    This email transmission may contain confidential information.  This
    information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to
    whom it is intended even if addressed incorrectly.  Please delete it from
    your files if you are not the intended recipient.  Thank you for your
    compliance.  Copyright (c) 2019 Cigna
    ==============================================================================

• 8.  RE: Color changes in new UI

Posted Dec 31, 2019 09:48 AM
    And this morning I see the old color and color name when adding the Display Color column to a grid, but the Icon is still the new color and the color drop-down and filter controls still show the new color.  Is there more change afoot?

Terry Ginzburg