Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Quirky issues in the new UI Iteration Status page

Posted Dec 16, 2019 01:14 PM
    Not sure if these behaviors I am seeing in the new UI Iteration Status page are expected.

1) The quick filter bar will close when other things happen on the page, requiring it to be repeatedly reopened manually. For example, selecting the multi-select check box on a work item will close the filter bar.  The same thing happens when filtering is open and "+ Add New" is pressed
    Would it be possible for the tool to remember the state (open/closed) of the filter bar so that it can return it to how it was if it was open?

2) Making a change to an item with the multi-select checkbox/edit button:  When hitting apply on the bulk edit dialog, focus returns to the iteration status page and a green toast message appears. That toast message used to give the ID# of the work item changed (if there was only one), now it only says 1 item has had xxxx changed.
    For example: 

If my memory serves, the toast message used to show the work item ID# as a hyperlink. Sometimes you make a change that you want to immediately undo. If you don't remember the ID# you can really struggle to figure out what that work item was if filtering removes it from view when the edit is made. Would it be possible to get an ID# and/or hyperlink put back into that message?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Quirky issues in the new UI Iteration Status page

Posted Dec 18, 2019 09:18 AM

@Broadcom Community

• 3.  RE: Quirky issues in the new UI Iteration Status page

Posted Dec 19, 2019 11:47 AM
    Hey Mitch,

On #1, that is working as designed. The filters bar is hidden to allow room for the multi-select options bar to be displayed. That leads into #2 - we'll check on that one!

------------------------------
    John Streeter
    Customer Support Lead | ITSM & Rally Software

• 4.  RE: Quirky issues in the new UI Iteration Status page
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 19, 2019 11:51 AM
    OK -- went back to the old UI and it did indeed used to show just # of items updated after making changes to an item:

I would submit feedback on that directly within the app (the bullhorn) to see what our product team thinks about that. If that feedback screen still isn't coming up for you, please let us know so we can look into it!

Thanks!

John Streeter
    Customer Support Lead | ITSM & Rally Software

• 5.  RE: Quirky issues in the new UI Iteration Status page

Posted Dec 19, 2019 12:14 PM

I have a possible issue -- unrelated but also fitting OP Mitch's title.

When you order the contents of your Iteration Status page by rank and then expand an item (US), its children (TCs and TAs) are listed in default order, and NOT also ordered by their rank within the parent.

I know it's listing TCs before TAs, which as a Tester I love, but which my Dev colleagues will hate when they notice, having always had TAs listed before TCs till now. 

But I also think the old screen used to show the same manually crafted ordering by rank as on the equivalent views within the item's two respective Collections.

Any confirmation / correction or other insights would be gratefully received. 

--Nev.

• 6.  RE: Quirky issues in the new UI Iteration Status page

Posted Dec 19, 2019 01:14 PM

@John Streeter

Thanks for checking on #2.  
    Regarding #1, it really is a bad work flow now.  Working in a stand-up and filtering based on each person whose turn it is, this page results in a much slower and less satisfactory user experience.  Between the multiselect tag filtering being much more intensive to use (compared to the partial typing autocomplete being sensitive to arrow buttons and Enter on the keyboard in the old version), the filtering bar constantly collapsing,​ and all of the row and column padding that results in far less information shown on the screen, this page resists power user attempts to use it without a mouse and seems like an example of form over function. 
    I live in this page and it really has made life much harder this week, and that's not even addressing the unforgivable sin of redefining colors (both in name and actual color)

​​