Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Automated Data Import from CA Agile

Posted May 14, 2020 11:11 AM
    Hi,

I am new to the CA Agile Central so please excuse me if it is a very basic question.
    My requirement is to develop a Tableau Dashboard and need to pull data from CA Agile. Currently I am using the Excel Add in to import. Is it possible to automate the process or use any other data import technique.
    Any Help will be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Automated Data Import from CA Agile
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 14, 2020 02:03 PM
    Hi Ashish,

I'm not entirely certain what types of data format Tableau requires but it sounds like you're able to work with CSV.

If that's the case you might take a look at the DB Connector (https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/agile-development-and-management/rally-platform-ca-agile-central/rally/integrating-top/connectors/ca-agile-central-database-connector.html)

While it will allow you to push data directly into a database, it can also stop short of that step and keep the data dumps in a CSV format for ingesting into another platform.  You can run this connector on a scheduled job so it creates the CSV files at specific times of the day and then you could have some other task that ingests those into Tableau possibly

• 3.  RE: Automated Data Import from CA Agile

Posted May 15, 2020 06:33 AM
    Hi David,

Thanks for your response. I will try the approach you suggested. In case if I have any issues I will reach out to you.​