Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Parent Child Story Export

Posted Dec 19, 2019 07:36 AM
    We have setup stories in a way where a parent represents the overall project and child stories related to the project for support teams can be found under the parent. While we understand now there is a more effective way to leverage feature as the project and not use the parent structure, is there a way to export stories that will show the parent on the top row with children under that? I know we can add the parent column but I'm looking for a way to export for our users while evaluate our options. 

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Parent Child Story Export
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 19, 2019 12:45 PM
    Hi Jim,

It would be easier if you could get your users to login to Rally and use the UserStory page as it does want you probably want (minus the export). I am not aware of any bit in the standard UI that will give you a hierarchical export (i.e. to CSV) in the way that I think you mean.

The next best thing I can offer is a custom app. However, the one I have in mind is expecting there to be Portfolio Items involved. It would work if you could create a Feature and connect the top level UserStory to it and then it would be able to print you out a CSV file that would give you something like this:

The app is available here: https://github.com/nikantonelli/Radial-Density
    If you take the code out of the deploy/App-uncompressed.html file and place it into a Custom HTML app on a page, it should get you there. How to set up custom apps is described in the help pages.

------------------------------
    Nik
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software
    ------------------------------