Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Team Board - FlowState out of sync with ScheduleState

Posted Aug 11, 2020 12:49 PM
    I have a team using the Team Board and have seen several work items that get out of sync when updated within the work item editor where their Flow State does not match their Schedule State. For example, a Defect is moved to Accepted, both the FlowState and ScheduleState change to Accepted. A user updates the tasks on the Defect and the FlowState changes to Completed but the ScheduleState stays Accepted. The column mapping of the Team board has FlowState - Completed mapped to ScheduleState - Completed and FlowState - Accepted mapped to ScheduleState - Accepted. 
    Defect was moved to Accepted but went back to Completed but ScheduleState did not change

Team Board with mapping of flow state and schedule state

Is this expected behavior or is this a defect?

• 2.  RE: Team Board - FlowState out of sync with ScheduleState
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 18, 2020 05:05 PM
    Hi @Henry Reimert,

thank you for your message.

I looked through your revision history posted above and it seems that based on your Team Board configuration, Schedule State and Flowstate change as expected and stay in sync.
    Do you maybe have another example? If you do have an example, then I'd suggest that you open a support case with our Support Team so they can help debug this issue further.

Best,

Andrea

Andrea Schilde
    Product Owner  | Rally
    Broadcom

------------------------------
    Product Manager
    Rally Software
    ------------------------------