Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Log in errors

Posted Mar 24, 2020 06:58 PM
    One of my team is having issues with logging in. We reset his password, he enters it but it says "username or password incorrect". I've tried it with his log in and it errors for me too, so I know its definitely correct info being entered. Then the account locks, we reset and the issue repeats itself. Does anyone have any suggestions on why this might be happening? Its not happening to anyone else (at the moment)

• 2.  RE: Log in errors

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 25, 2020 03:47 AM
    Hi @Heather Todd,

The first thing that came to mind was a problem I saw with someone in Europe with a similar problem. If the user is supposed to be accessing eu1.rallydev.com instead of rally1.rallydev.com, then the password reset process works well (because the auto-generated email contains the correct URL). However, when the user was going back to login again, they went to the wrong URL. The username/password then fails​ as it is not valid for the 'other' machine stack. It was not immediately apparent to the user as their browser was using a cached entry.

If this is not related, then the best course of action would be to log a case with our support team via the Broadcom website and they can dig into it further.

------------------------------
    Nik
    Ask me a question, I'm All Ears!
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Log in errors

Posted Mar 25, 2020 03:51 AM
    Hi, thanks for that, we are based in New Zealand. I updated the password myself in the admin screen, and tried on a different computer with no success. I'll log a case, thanks

• 4.  RE: Log in errors

Posted Mar 26, 2020 11:45 AM
    Hi, 
    I am sorry for entered to the conversation. I have the same problem when I created new users. :(. Please you could me share the solution if you has response about your case.
    Thanks

Daniel

• 5.  RE: Log in errors
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 26, 2020 12:11 PM
    We're becoming aware that there may be some issues with accounts that were recently created or re-enabled.  We're investigating some issues on our end around this

• 6.  RE: Log in errors

Posted Mar 29, 2020 04:40 PM
    Hi David, do you happen to know fi there's any progress on that? I haven't heard back from the case I logged but am hoping its fixed soon

Thanks