Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Custom App API Key

Posted Mar 25, 2020 03:10 PM
    Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to add an API key to a custom Rally app created with rally-app-builder. The app is embedded into the Rally web interface which means users are already logged in. The problem I'm running into is when the app tries to collect information from other projects that the user doesn't have access to. I could just change the permission of the users for these projects to "view" but this would be difficult to maintain and unnecessary. Is this something that is possible?

Thanks,
    ~Zach

• 2.  RE: Custom App API Key
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2020 12:37 PM
    Hi Zach,

Sorry this didn't get answered; I had typed up a response on this but I guess I never did send it :(

To the best of my knowledge, this isn't something that can be done in a supported manner.  Each XHR call is going to embed the currently logged in user's ZSESSIONID into the request header.  So you'd have to override that somehow, but there isn't a way to do that within the SDK.  It might be possible to craft a manual XHR request with a specific API key and somehow pass that incoming data into your datastore, but you'd be getting into some really deep uncharted waters doing that.

• 3.  RE: Custom App API Key

Posted Apr 03, 2020 03:49 PM
    Hi David,

No worries!
    Thanks for the information and clarification though.

~Zach