Rally Software

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to filter in Rally for date_field = blank

• 1.  How to filter in Rally for date_field = blank

Posted Nov 30, 2020 11:50 AM
    How do one filter in Rally for a date_field = blank?

For example, filter all features with Actual_Start_Date = blank

This kind of filter used to work as recently as few weeks ago but now says invalid filter.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: How to filter in Rally for date_field = blank

Posted Nov 30, 2020 02:00 PM
    How about setting the filter for the date to be less than some ridiculously early date (ie, a date prior to your starting to use rally). That should capture the null value date as being less than a real date.

• 3.  RE: How to filter in Rally for date_field = blank

Posted Dec 01, 2020 12:22 PM
    I noticed this last week as well. One use for saved views is to audit for missing fields, including missing dates. When the new UI was rolled out, at first it wasn't possible to filter on missing dates, but that was changed fairly soon after rollout. I'm not sure when it reverted back but this needs to be fixed.  Mitch's suggestion would work as a work-around but isn't intuitive and when using an audit view, it is best for the filters to represent what you're actually targeting, such as missing dates.

------------------------------
    Terry Ginzburg

• 4.  RE: How to filter in Rally for date_field = blank

Posted Dec 02, 2020 02:10 PM
    Yes, this issue need to be fixed. Any idea how one can go about asking for this fix?. I am kind of new to this forum and any help to navigate is much appreciated.

Also, Mitch's suggestion does not seem to be working (at least for me). If I give a known low date (say 2015-01-01 which I know we didn't even have Rally in the organization), it does not list the items that are missing date

• 5.  RE: How to filter in Rally for date_field = blank

Posted Dec 02, 2020 03:15 PM
    @Ravishankar Sathyanarayana, just to clarify, you're setting the date filter as  less than​ 2015-01-01, right?

• 6.  RE: How to filter in Rally for date_field = blank

Posted Dec 02, 2020 03:28 PM
    @Mitch Goldman, yes I am setting it as less than 2015-01-01

In Portfolio Items | Features,  and in the filter,  Actual Start date < 2015-01-01 (date selected from the calendar dropdown)​. Nothing shows up as the result. I have at least one feature that does not have Actual Start Date populated

screenshots: 
    showing at least one item exists with Actual Start Date empty

one with filter set to less than 2015-01-01

• 7.  RE: How to filter in Rally for date_field = blank

Posted Dec 02, 2020 03:49 PM
    I thought I had my filtering idea working when I posted that message, but I did not save my example and I cannot get it to work again, even in an old-UI custom app list.  Sorry about that.

• 8.  RE: How to filter in Rally for date_field = blank

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 14, 2020 02:50 PM
    @Ravishankar Sathyanarayana @Mitch Goldman @Terry Ginzburg​​​

we released a fix for this issue today. Please make sure to refresh your browser before testing this out.

Best,

Andrea

Product Manager
    Rally Software

• 9.  RE: How to filter in Rally for date_field = blank

Posted Dec 14, 2020 04:12 PM
    Thank you! @Andrea Schilde. I did a quick check and it appears to be working. ​

Have a great day!

- Ravishankar Sathyanarayana

• 10.  RE: How to filter in Rally for date_field = blank

Posted Dec 15, 2020 09:44 AM

Amy K Meyers  |  Senior Product Manager
    GLOBAL RISK, FINANCE TECHNOLOGY & TRANSFORMATION
    American Express
    O: 602-766-2982 |  E: Amy.K.Meyers@aexp.com
    For Rally Assistance, create a case using this link:  https://jira.aexp.com/jira/browse/EPMO-8808

American Express made the following annotations

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."

American Express a ajouté le commentaire suivant

Ce courrier et toute pièce jointe qu'il contient sont réservés au seul destinataire indiqué et peuvent contenir des renseignements confidentiels et privilégiés. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, toute divulgation, duplication, utilisation ou distribution du courrier ou de toute pièce jointe est interdite. Si vous avez reçu cette communication par erreur, veuillez nous en aviser par courrier et détruire immédiatement le courrier et les pièces jointes. Merci.