Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Priority ranking issue in different Rally boards

Posted Dec 03, 2020 09:01 AM
    Hello

Starting more than 1 month ago we started to have some issues with the ranking in all the boards we are having. If we try to move an US from 3rd place to 1st place, it will not work, the US will not move. Or, in case we manage to have it moved in the Team Board for example, the change will not be reflected in the Iteration Board.

Are you facing the same issue as us? If yes, did you identified a workaround solution? If you are doing customer support how do you tackle this issue?

Of course, in the same time, we are waiting also the fix from the Broadcom support team, but the release from their side is not working and with QAP next week we are working a lot under preasure. 

Thanks in advance for sharing your feedback.

Best regards
    Ecaterina

• 2.  RE: Priority ranking issue in different Rally boards

Posted Dec 04, 2020 09:34 AM

Hi Ecaterina,

Things are working OK in my organisation on the US-based SAAS.

The only thing I'd note is that I often – still! -- see colleagues struggling with that, only to discover that their screen is not sorted by rank order but by one of the other options.  If I recall correctly, sometimes you get a callout warning that your operation is not possible outside of order by rank, but not always.

--Nev.

• 3.  RE: Priority ranking issue in different Rally boards

Posted Dec 09, 2020 05:40 AM
    Hello Nev

Thanks for your answer. We are located in Europe so maybe the issue is only present in our instance. Trust me that our ranking issue is more annoying than the one you have :P. Of course, it will be nice to have everything running smooth :).

Have a great day!
    Ecaterina

• 4.  RE: Priority ranking issue in different Rally boards

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2021 05:45 PM
    Hello Ecaterina,

There was an issue with Rally's ranking mechanism that was impacting certain subscriptions more than others. a solution for the issue was released in late December. Hopefully you are seeing it behave as expected now.

Gwen

• 5.  RE: Priority ranking issue in different Rally boards

Posted Apr 05, 2021 05:42 PM
    Hello Gwen,

I wondered if one of the issues fixed is between defects and backlog.  The person in charge of defects have them ordered specifically based on discussions from stakeholders.  But this order looks different in the Plan->Backlog.  And if we change just the relationship between a user story rank and a defect rank w/o changing the relative ranking between the defects, the ranking in the Defects list changes. 

Unfortunately we have the 2018 on premise version.  I have been trying to get the enterprise to update to the latest for a year now with no luck.  But I'd think basic ranking would have been working back then.

Thanks,
      Betty