Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  New UI for User Stories

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 16, 2020 04:08 PM
    The previous UI had a column named "All" on the left side of the screen that allowed the parent-child hierarchy of the user stories to be displayed (expanded or contracted). I don't see anything like this is the new UI.  How can I see a list view of the user stories that shows the nesting of parents and children?

• 2.  RE: New UI for User Stories
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 17, 2020 12:16 PM
    There is an exclamation mark icon that details that Rally made changes to the page which have affected the display of epic stories (stories that are parents to other stories, which I think you are referring to here). The icon gives you the option to revert to the older view. This seems like an intentional change by Rally, I think they are trying to move away from "Epic stories." We try to avoid them at our org and try to guide people to use Tasks instead. 

An alternative to this is to use Work Views to show user stories. This gives the option to expand the parent US to see the child US. One thing to take note of if you do this, though, is that it will show the child US under the parent, and will also show the child story again separately. 
     Work Views Results:

------------------------------
    Lean Analyst
    EBSCO Information Services

• 3.  RE: New UI for User Stories

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2020 12:45 PM
    @Jeffrey King please review our updated post here. ​

Product Manager
    Rally Software