Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Swagger/OpenAPI documentation for Rally Rest API?

Posted Jan 21, 2020 03:02 PM
    Hi All, 

Can someone please point to me the URL where I can get a better understanding of the available Rally Rest API endpoint and its usage. 
    I am looking for Swagger or OpenAPI documentation of the Rest APIs for Rally. 

Thanks,
    Buelent

• 2.  RE: Swagger/OpenAPI documentation for Rally Rest API?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2020 12:19 PM
    Hi Buelent,

I am not sure what Swagger or OpenAPI require in the documentation, but ours is online once you have logged in at: https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/doc/webservice/ The documentation is auto-generated for your login's default workspace

------------------------------
    Nik
    Ask me a question, I'm All Ears!
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software

• 3.  RE: Swagger/OpenAPI documentation for Rally Rest API?

Posted Jan 22, 2020 01:32 PM

Thanks Nik. 
    That is what I was looking for.

While going through the documentation, I couldn't find the relationship between Workspace/Project to Features, Epics, and Themes. 

Is there a better Domain Object model that links the Features to the individual Projects?

Thanks,
    Buelent

• 4.  RE: Swagger/OpenAPI documentation for Rally Rest API?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2020 03:21 PM
    Edited by Nik Antonelli Jan 22, 2020 03:22 PM

Hi Buelent,

There is no particular relationshiop between workspace/project and Features beyond the fact that the Feature has to exist somewhere. You could imagine the project hierarchy a bit like the filing system on your hard drive and the Features as files that need to exist somewhere. Each work item artefact (Task, Story, Feature, etc., etc) has to exist somewhere in the Project hierarchy. The fields on the artefact type exist for all these things, but they might not be immediately obvious from the API docs. The reason for this is the 'hierarchy' of the types.

If you go to "Artifact' in the WSAPI docs, you will see Project field. However, Artifact is a child type (think of inheritance in object oriented programming) of a WorkspaceDomainObject. This type has the field Workspace.

So, to work up from Feature you would go: Feature -> PortfolioItem -> RankableArtifact -> Artifact ->WorkspaceDomainObject -> DomainObject -> PersistableObject. This means that a Feature has all the fields of all those object types.

To get a graphical feel for this chain of types, you could install this custom app of mine: https://github.com/nikantonelli/TypeDefinition-Hierarchy

Nik
    Ask me a question, I'm All Ears!
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software

• 5.  RE: Swagger/OpenAPI documentation for Rally Rest API?

Posted Jan 23, 2020 10:35 AM
    Nik,
    Thanks for the clarification.
    I will traverse the hierarchy from Feature level and see what else I need. 

Buelent

Director of Data Engineering
    CVS Health

• 6.  RE: Swagger/OpenAPI documentation for Rally Rest API?

Posted Dec 06, 2023 03:25 PM

This link seems broken.. any idea?

• 7.  RE: Swagger/OpenAPI documentation for Rally Rest API?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2023 03:27 PM

Hello Bassam (and others):

We are aware of this issue and working to fix this. We will post another message when this is resolved.

Thank you!

-Rally Product Management

• 8.  RE: Swagger/OpenAPI documentation for Rally Rest API?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 07, 2023 05:45 PM

This issue has been fixed and everything should be working normally. Thanks!