Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Rally total and active user license counts

Posted Jan 06, 2020 03:39 PM
    Hi,

In the Users section of our Rally system, there is a line indicating the number of active and total user licenses. The line looks something like: "27 of 100 active user licenses remaining".

Are these numbers available via a Rally API endpoint? If not, how can I access them? These counts would be valuable to know when we're running low on licenses (I would set up a daily cronjob to check and notify our team if the available count got too low), as well as other possible uses.

This text is not available in the page's source. I've also thought about scraping the webpage but that seems like it could be a lot of overhead for literally two data points needed?

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Rally total and active user license counts
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 07, 2020 04:27 AM
    Hi,

The numbers are generated by the backend and are not available through the standard API. However, there are a few unique endpoints that don't get listed that you can deduce if you use the Developers Tools in your browser. By turning on the tools and going to the network tab, you can watch how the standard user admin page fetches that information. You should see an entry in th elog where the app accesses 'seats.sp'. If you run this command it will give you the numbers. However, you will need to work out how to use the APIKey mechanism to allow your program to gain access to the endpoint. It should be described in the help pages available here: https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/agile-development-and-management/rally-platform-ca-agile-central/rally/developers-top/for-developers.html

------------------------------
    Nik
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Rally total and active user license counts

Posted Jan 07, 2020 10:49 AM
    Hi Nik,

Thank you so much, that's exactly what I needed!

Andy