Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  URGENT and IMPORTANT Externally Sign In Issue

Posted May 20, 2020 05:05 PM
    Hello All

I am not getting much support from BroadCom Support desk so have resorted to posting on here

Requesting anyone that can help

I am unable to Sign In when trying to connect to Rally via an HTML file opening with live server

I have been talking to Heena (Broadcom Employees but communications seems to have stopped)

It is happening on all browsers which is why I think this is a Rally Issue

SignIn credentials are fine as I can get to Rally1.rallydev.com fine if I type this in the address bar of any browser but I need to access Rally from an HTML file that I am writing (using VScode)

I have upgraded my account to an Enterprise Account thinking that might have been the reason but it did not make a difference

Broadcom Employees
    An answer would be most welcome but if none, please pass this onto the American Airlines Rally Account Manager as I must get a resolution to this 

Thank you in advance

Chas

• 2.  RE: URGENT and IMPORTANT Externally Sign In Issue
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2020 05:27 PM
    Edited by Christopher Hackett May 22, 2020 04:15 PM
    Hi @Chas Chand,

I detect a certian amount of frustration on your part. I will try to help as much as I can, but I am in a completely different timezone (UK) so will be signing off for the night soon. It is 10.20pm for me.

In the last post that you made, you were using the App-external.html file. Unfortunately, this is not the right one if you are trying to play with code. You might want to look at this tool here:https://github.com/RallyApps/rally-app-builder​ It allows you to run a local server by running the 'rally-app-builder run&' command. This then serves up the pages based on the files determined by the App-debug.html file. THis file is created when you run the 'rally-app-builder build' after running the 'rally-app-builder init myApp' command

If you want a quick tutorial on how to get yourself set up for what you want to do, the YouTube videos are probably the best starting point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7KvNWAqJY4

------------------------------
    Nik
    Ask me a question, I'm All Ears!
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: URGENT and IMPORTANT Externally Sign In Issue

Posted May 20, 2020 05:36 PM
    Thank you And yes, somewhat frustrated

It just happened to be that HTML file that day

I am watching plenty of videos mostly by Dave Thomas (Ex Rally) and they are great

I have app builder, git etc and using VScode to debug and as far as I know the only way I can get  an HTML file to run it Via Live Server

I Understand the time difference (I am from West London originally)
    And will wait if course 

I'll thank you in advance

I'll watch a few more videos in the meantime

Thank you

(The Broadcom site has very poor navigation, not intuitive at all ��)

Regards

Chas

Sr. Project Manager IT Project Delivery, PMP

Western Region

Enterprise Desktop Field Services

Tel: + 1 817 967 6680

Mobile: + 1 817 209 4598

E-mail: chas.chand@aa.com

• 4.  RE: URGENT and IMPORTANT Externally Sign In Issue

Posted May 21, 2020 06:37 PM
    Nik

Thank you very much

I looked at the Rally App Builder and it's getting me past the sign screen !!!

Now I can start looking at the code 

Thank you so much again

You are the Rally Oracle !!

Regards

Chas

Sr. Project Manager IT Project Delivery, PMP

Western Region

Enterprise Desktop Field Services

Tel: + 1 817 967 6680

Mobile: + 1 817 209 4598

E-mail: chas.chand@aa.com