Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  For those who do not like the new iteration status page

Posted Jan 03, 2020 04:58 PM
    Edited by Mitch Goldman Jan 03, 2020 04:59 PM
    If the new version of the iteration status page is causing you productivity problems or is too slow to manage during fast-moving stand-ups, I have a suggestion for you.  Create a custom page and add the app "Iteration Tracking"

When you add the page, put an iteration drop-down selector on it.  It will be given an old school work item view of your iteration with the ability to add any columns you need.  The information is condensed without all of the extra padding and white space that is present on the new UI (is anyone else having problems with the resolution on conference room projectors only letting you display about 3 lines of work items on the iteration status page?).   Your old colors will be back (despite being called things like Oceans 11, Colonel Mustard, and Olive Oil).

For you aficionados of "expand all", yep that's there too.
    Are you a column junkie that had to make information sacrifices to fit into the now limited number of allowed columns, well the custom app does not have this limitation.  
    Are you using tags to cycle through team members during stand-ups?  If so, this is the old tags drop-down that is more responsive and quicker to use as people talk.
    Did you miss being able to click the letter square for a status in schedule state and have it accept that status without presenting a drop-down to make your choice?  Yep, that's back too.
    Basically, everything is back as it was on the old iteration status page with the exception of the iteration metrics bar that is unique to that page.
    Need the option to split a story without going into that story? it's back now with the gear icon on the user story line.

I hope this helps if you have been struggling over the last few weeks.

• 2.  RE: For those who do not like the new iteration status page

Posted Jan 06, 2020 01:18 PM
    @John Streeter @Greg Gould  Iteration Status is a mission critical system page for us.  Any plans to address these issues?  We are still refraining from conversion to the new UI at this time.

------------------------------
    Sr. Product Manager
    American Express

• 3.  RE: For those who do not like the new iteration status page

Posted Jan 07, 2020 10:58 AM
    You can minimize the KPIs at the top by clicking the double arrows on the right side.
    Minimize the Iteration Status KPI.

Services Architect - Clarity PPM
    Enterprise Studio by HCL Technologies

• 4.  RE: For those who do not like the new iteration status page

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 07, 2020 11:23 AM
    How about this app: https://github.com/RallyCommunity/FilteredApps 
    It is useful for daily standups. You can make columns from state fields, swimlanes on User, Feature, or whatever route you go through your work. If you set up two of these apps as I have done below, you can click on a story on the left side and all the tasks get filtered on the right to those for that story. You can do the same with Features on the left and Stories on the right - or any item types as long as the two are consecutive in the work item breakdown structure. This is my (out-of-date) demo system, so looks a bit rubbish.

Nik
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software

• 5.  RE: For those who do not like the new iteration status page

Posted Jan 07, 2020 02:01 PM
    Edited by Mitch Goldman Jan 07, 2020 02:03 PM

That's interesting.  I was just playing around with it.  How did you link the right-hand pane to the selection of the left-hand pane?
    Too bad it won't support showing more than one work item type (if you select the left-hand pane to show user stories, then you won't see defects, test sets...)

• 6.  RE: For those who do not like the new iteration status page
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 07, 2020 05:01 PM
    I've played with this one before.  You add one app as the parent (e.g. user stories) configured to Send, then one or more apps to Receive (defects and tasks for example).  On my test page I added a fourth grid for Test Sets, with the Event set to None so you can see them on the same page. For my version, I used a query on the User Stories and Test Sets grid to always show the current iteration. You could probably also add an iteration filter to the top of the page.

Terry Ginzburg

• 7.  RE: For those who do not like the new iteration status page

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 08, 2020 06:40 AM
    Hi Mitch,

You could do a small patch to get it to use multi-type:

_getGridBoardConfig: function() {
    var context = this.getContext(),
    // modelNames = [this.getSetting('type')],
    modelNames = ['HierarchicalRequirement', 'Defect'],

Quick and dirty.... but it might limit how the board shows columns. The types would have to have the same field available, with the same drop-down values.

Nik
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software