Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  State field on Timeboxes

Posted Aug 19, 2020 10:36 AM
    I've had this question a few times and I'm not able to find the answer in documentation.  Is there any documentation on what the different timebox states will trigger?  We have seen that if you move an Iteration or Release to "Accepted", you are not able to add stories or features to it (which is good), but what else?  Are there rules around the "Planning" and "Active" states?

------------------------------
    Senior Manager, Agility Delivery
    AIG

• 2.  RE: State field on Timeboxes
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 20, 2020 11:17 AM
    Hi @Sheila Olds,

here are the rules as I see them:

A user can still create artifacts on an iteration that is stated as 'Accepted', but not for Releases unless the user navigates to the artifacts collection for a release since the accepted release won't display on release dropdown if creating from anywhere else.
    Team Planning won't display Releases in the drop-down that have their state set as Accepted. ​

I will work with our User Learning team to update our documentation since I was not able to find these details either.

Best,

Andrea

Product Manager
    Rally Software

• 3.  RE: State field on Timeboxes

Posted Aug 20, 2020 02:47 PM
    I would like the Iterations and Releases to have the same response. If Release or Iteration is in its final state, then Rally User should not be able to add content to the timebox unless the timebox state is less than "Accepted."  The current workflow is inconsistent between Iteration and Releases.  As a Scrum Master, I would like to prevent team members from adding content to closed timebox which increases cycle time metrics.

• 4.  RE: State field on Timeboxes

Posted Feb 22, 2021 03:50 PM
    I have also notices this inconsistency and some team need  a way to lock old iteration the same way we are locking release 

Is there anyway to suggest as the idea to Broadcom ?