Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Display Defect Suites on Kanban Board?

Posted Feb 20, 2020 03:40 PM
    Our organization is using Defect Suites to track escalations from customers, as multiple teams may be called upon to resolve multiple defects in order to properly address a single reported issue.  To that end, we want to display the Defect Suites on the Kanban Board in Rally.  Currently, when we set that up, we are able to see the User Stories and Defects, but not the Defect Suites.  Is there any way to get this board to show the Defect Suites?  We've set up a "Custom Board" in the meantime, which DOES show Defect Suites, but it lacks the Kanban features (time in column, wip limits, exit agreements, etc).

• 2.  RE: Display Defect Suites on Kanban Board?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2020 06:42 AM
    Hi Guillermo,

Just for you: https://github.com/nikantonelli/WorkItem-Kanban

You can select which work item types to have on the kanban from the app settings. It can only have items with the same sorts of fields available , so that really limits it to UserStory, Defect, TestSet and DefectSuite

Grab the code from the App.html file in the deploy directory and add it to a Custom HTML app on a page.

------------------------------
    Nik
    Ask me a question, I'm All Ears!
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software

• 3.  RE: Display Defect Suites on Kanban Board?

Posted Mar 03, 2020 12:21 PM
    Hi Nik!

I pulled this code and it looks really cool! I was wondering if I could bother you for some "extras" to this?

1. Would it be possible to have things in the final column hide after X number of days instead of being tied to a Release?
    2. Could this be made to support multiple views that I could share across my workspace?

PS. I don't think the Cycle Time and Throughput Reports that are attached to this work for the Defect Suites. Not a big deal to me, but just thought you should know.

Thank you for your time!

• 4.  RE: Display Defect Suites on Kanban Board?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 05, 2020 06:39 AM
    @Chris Schultze, I have added #1 to the codebase. If you go and get the code again, you can now set a flag in the app settings to use the "Show Age" field value as the cut-off for hiding ​​cards.

For #2, I will need to have a look at how the Saved/Managed Views thing works....​

I have no control over the cycle time and throughput reports that this app uses as they are ancient 'Reports' from the days of yore. The source code is no longer available/supported.

Nik
    Ask me a question, I'm All Ears!
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software

• 5.  RE: Display Defect Suites on Kanban Board?

Posted Mar 06, 2020 09:56 AM

Thanks Nik!

I'm going to take a look into this further later on, but it didn't give me the text box to enter the number of days:

I'm guessing it's the number of days I put into the last option? I'll play a bit more with it soon to figure it out.