Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Sharing a dashboard or custom page across the workspaces

Posted Apr 07, 2021 11:39 AM
    Hi,

Is there any way to share a dashboard or custom page with set of apps to multiple workspaces?
    I know we can share a dashboard within a single workspace but my requirement is to share in multiple workspaces.
    Is it possible programmatically?

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Divya

• 2.  RE: Sharing a dashboard or custom page across the workspaces

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 07, 2021 11:43 AM
    Hi Divya,

Workspaces are siloed and therefore information can't be shared across workspaces. That includes dashboards and custom pages, but also includes all other information.

Programmatically, you can use the API to read information from one workspace and then create it in another. However, dashboards and custom pages are not part of the API and so there isn't a way to programmatically copy or re-create dashboards and custom pages. They will need to be created (re-created) manually.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have additional questions.
    Sagi

• 3.  RE: Sharing a dashboard or custom page across the workspaces

Posted Apr 08, 2021 09:13 AM
    Hi Divya,

You cannot share the same dashboard or blend the data from two workspaces, but you can create a dashboard in each space that displays the same information.  Most apps have a scope setting which allows you to specify a specific scope for an app. You can have apps on a dashboard in Workspace A point to data in Workspace B.  In my experience, users who don't have access to the other workspace will still see the apps but won't see any data displayed.

Terry Ginzburg

• 4.  RE: Sharing a dashboard or custom page across the workspaces

Posted Apr 08, 2021 09:51 AM
    Thanks Terry Ginzburg!

My requirement is to avoid manual creation of same dashboard in multiple workspaces. And also to fetch its own workspace specific data.

Thanks,
    Divya