Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Bug in trying to add new story via Iteration status screen

Posted Dec 18, 2019 12:03 PM
    Bug found in new UI version of Iteration Status screen.  

Steps to reproduce:
    Hit "+ Add New" button.
    Work Items Types drop-down list only populates with "No Items Found"
    Since no valid item types can be selected, "Create" and "Create with details" buttons remain disabled, so no work item can be created via this screen.

Also the Submit Feedback function is not working.  Pointing to the megaphone icon gives a pop-up tool tip and the cursor turns to a finger pointer, but clicking in that icon does not cause anything to happen.  It did work yesterday but seems to be broken today.

• 2.  RE: Bug in trying to add new story via Iteration status screen
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 19, 2019 11:44 AM
    Hi Mitch, 

This is likely because you have a filter in place for Work Item Type, but no type selected.  Click on your Filters button and check for this: 

Once you either select work item types to show in your grid/board or just remove that filter altogether, you'll be able to add Work Items from ISP. 

Let me know if that helps!

------------------------------
    John Streeter
    Customer Support Lead | ITSM & Rally Software

• 3.  RE: Bug in trying to add new story via Iteration status screen

Posted Dec 20, 2019 09:27 AM
    Thanks @John Streeter, that did help.  I did have a work item type filter in place, although nothing was selected on it.  When I removed the filter all together, then the add new item work item type populates with all available types.  When I have the filter in place and select one or more work item types in that filter, then those are the other types available when I try to add a new item.  What I'm not understanding is why there is a dependency between those two screen controls and why this is the expected work flow. Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Bug in trying to add new story via Iteration status screen

Posted Dec 20, 2019 10:59 AM

I actually like that dependency but hadn't observed it yet. If I'm a QA Engineer so I only create test sets, with that filter in place I don't have to pick a type when I use Add New. Is this intentional behavior or can I expect it to change?

Terry Ginzburg