Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  External Sign In Issue (Portfolio Item Copy)

Posted May 16, 2020 12:51 PM
      |   view attached
    Hello All

@Nik Antonelli

I downloaded Portfolio Item Copy from GitHub with a view to look at the code and possibly make a change which would be highly beneficial to our company. 

I can access the App via the company Rally workspace and sign in but I cannot see the code which is why I downloaded from GitHub

Problem I am having is a sign on dialogue box that appears and I have tried all combinations of username and password

Attachment will explain more

I am new to Javascript but not new to programming and I believe this is the piece of JS code that I need to look at

The sign box is stopping the program get to this piece

The whole program start with an HTML file which has a couple of src files in it and if I put Breaks in the associated JS file, they are ignored so cannot debug the JS file

Any ideas on the sine in box

I have the following sign in Usernames
    chas.chand@aa.com
    00313419@aa.com

I have tried our corporate SSO

nothing seems to be working

Removing the sine may also work

All ideas welcomed

I can send you the zip file (or extracted folder) that I downloaded from GitHub

Chas 

​

Attachment(s)

docx
    Rally Sign In Problem.docx   540 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: External Sign In Issue (Portfolio Item Copy)

Posted May 16, 2020 03:17 PM
    @Nik Antonelli

Nik,

I was looking at your Query Counter app (off GitHub) and the same "Sign In" box appears
    Do you why is it not recognising my credentials ?

Chas​

• 3.  RE: External Sign In Issue (Portfolio Item Copy)

Posted May 16, 2020 05:31 PM
    I apologise in advance if I am asking silly questions but they are all after searching on this site as well as others 

I have a work around for the sign in box.

I put the Github .js file code into the html file and pasted everything into a Custom HTML built in app in Rally

I thought the next part would  be easy but no so !

I wanted to modify the artifact (Feature and sub levels) names before copying them ie if name was "Station Relocation" on copy I would like to add a user input in from of the "read" name ie DFW Relocation

It does not have to be in the Portfolio ItemCopy code (although would be better), perhaps some kind of Mass Edit where name edit would be newname = userinput + oldname

As always, all ideas welcomed

Thank you

Chas

• 4.  RE: External Sign In Issue (Portfolio Item Copy)

Posted May 18, 2020 01:10 PM
    The Work around did not work so I need to get back to overcoming the Sign In dialogue box

Anyone have any ideas? (my username and password is the one I am using to get into this forum)

Chas

• 5.  RE: External Sign In Issue (Portfolio Item Copy)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2020 03:14 AM
    Hi @Chas Chand,

You probably want to visit this site and look at the 'rally-app-builder' and 'getting-started' folders. This one is quite old, but still relevant:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7KvNWAqJY4 and you could go and get more info from here: https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/agile-development-and-management/rally-platform-ca-agile-central/rally/developers-top/for-developers/build-custom-apps/intro-build-apps-videos.html

To run externally to Rally, there are a couple of things to note in there. 

If you are wanting to 'try something out', then you can put the contents of 'App-uncompressed.html' into a Custom HTML app within  Rally on a new page.​ You can see how to do this here: 
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/agile-development-and-management/rally-platform-ca-agile-central/rally/customizing-top/use-apps/app-catalog/custom-html.html

Hope that helps.

------------------------------
    Nik
    Ask me a question, I'm All Ears!
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software
    ------------------------------