Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Unable to View Field Usages

Posted Aug 28, 2020 09:13 AM
    Hello,

When I click the "see occurrences" link in the Edit Field window, the Field Usages window shows a blank box even though the field is in use.  Does anyone know why that may be happening? It doesn't happen for all fields, only for some.

Thanks,
    Maria

• 2.  RE: Unable to View Field Usages

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2020 10:16 AM
    Hi Maria.

Personally I'm unaware of a problem with it, that is to say no one has reported a problem. If there is one, perhaps other customers will comment on this thread.
    The occurrences should show and count even for closed projects.

I just tested it again and it seems to work. I would like to ask you:
    - Can you confirm you are examining this field at the Workspace level (not a project level)?   I'm almost certain you are, cause in a project level the occurrences won't show, but would like to be certain.
    - Before you click the 'See Occurrences', what is the number of occurrences it shows you that exists?
    - Since you believe there are occurrences, are they all in open projects? all in closed projects? or both?
    - Can you use Work Views or another page and actually filter to find items that have values in that field?

I hope this helps. Let us know.

Thanks,
    Sagi

• 3.  RE: Unable to View Field Usages

Posted Aug 28, 2020 10:50 AM
    Hi Sagi,

• I am at the workspace level.
    • The number of occurrences for one field is 153.
    • I went to the Work Views page but I am unable to select the item.  It is not available in the drop down list (Release).
    • I am unsure of what projects they are assigned to or whether the projects are closed. I can only see that it is mixed. Maybe they are closed.

Thanks for your reply,
    Maria

• 4.  RE: Unable to View Field Usages

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2020 11:04 AM
    Thanks Maria.

I can try to reproduce it.

It sounds like this issue is with a custom field on Release. Correct?  What is the type of that custom field?
    Do you have other custom fields with that problem, if so are they also all on Release, are they all of same type?

Thanks,
    Sagi

• 5.  RE: Unable to View Field Usages

Posted Aug 28, 2020 11:23 AM
    Yes. They are all on Release, custom fields, and the types are "string" and "text."

Thanks,
    Maria

• 6.  RE: Unable to View Field Usages
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2020 01:10 PM
    Hi Maria.

I was able to reproduce it. I created two custom fields on Release, a String type and a Text type. I set values to both these fields, but then when checking the occurrences I can see the number is correct, but the list is coming up empty - as you reported. 

I'll report it to Support, however, I'll need you to open a support case and report it to Support on your own. They do need to track it with a customer facing case. You probably should include a link to this thread with your support case. 

Will you be able to open a case?

Thanks,
    Sagi

• 7.  RE: Unable to View Field Usages

Posted Aug 28, 2020 01:49 PM
    Yes, I'll be able to open a case.

Thanks,
    Maria