Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Adding testcases to a Test Set based on some attributes of testcases

Posted Jan 27, 2020 05:00 AM
    Team,

I have lot of Test cases (say around 1000) in my Test Plan folders. Now, I want to add the testcases having "Priority = High" or testcases having owner as "david" in my Test set.
    How can I achieve this in my test set. As of now I add the testcases from a "test plan" folder or from a "Project" or using some keywords. 

Also, kindly provide me a link to understand Test Plan & Test set better. I clicked a link from some of the older posts and it threw me page not found error (actually it took me to some "ca" portal)

I am new to Rally and we are planning to use Rally  for Test Management & Defect Management in the coming days. 

Kindly guide me on :

How to maintain progression & regression testcases by keeping proper folders (test plans) and test sets. We have multiple projects (tracks) working on a single product. 

Thanks & Regards,
    S David

• 2.  RE: Adding testcases to a Test Set based on some attributes of testcases
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 28, 2020 05:10 PM
    Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a good way of bulk adding test cases to test sets via the UI.  I would suggest using the in-product feedback button to suggest that as a feature.

We've been through some documentation changes over the past couple of months.  Do you have the link that threw the error?  I can try and find the equivalent page in our new documentation

• 3.  RE: Adding testcases to a Test Set based on some attributes of testcases

Posted Jan 28, 2020 10:03 PM
    Thanks @David LeDeaux.

I have found a work around for my problem but that too has some limitation. 

The work-around is 

• Create a Test Set
    • Add testcases into it using "Choose Existing" option
    • Here,  you have to select by "Test Folder" or "Project" or "Keywords" (The limitation is that this window allows me to select only 25 testcases at a time)
    • After uploading the testcases, apply the filter. Here you can use all testcases attributes (like Type, Priority, Tags. Owner…) as filter and remove the unwanted testcases.  You will get the required testcases in your test set
    • Because of the above limitation, I have to do "select the testcases" 10 times if I have 250 testcases. If there any way to overcome this ? Is this number be configured ?

Thanks & Regards,
    S David

• 4.  RE: Adding testcases to a Test Set based on some attributes of testcases

Posted Jan 28, 2020 10:04 PM
    Hi @David LeDeaux

Here is the link that threw some error

https://docs.ca.com/en-us/ca-agile-central/saas/test-set

I got the above link from the below post

https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=a691a052-e5c3-4c5d-b2e2-382848f7d806&CommunityKey=f303f769-8d4c-44d9-924c-3845bba6444e&tab=digestviewer#bma691a052-e5c3-4c5d-b2e2-382848f7d806

​Thanks & Regards,
    S David

• 5.  RE: Adding testcases to a Test Set based on some attributes of testcases

Posted Jan 28, 2020 10:09 PM
    Hi @David LeDeaux,

Is there a way to achieve this using Rally APIs ? It would be really helpful to us if you could kindly share me some code snippet for this ?​

Thanks & Regards,
    S David

• 6.  RE: Adding testcases to a Test Set based on some attributes of testcases

Posted Jan 29, 2020 01:54 PM
    We have a similar requirement around adding Defects to Defect Suites. If we could bulk-assign test cases to a test set and defects to a defect suite, we could go to the appropriate list page, filter the view, then bulk-assign all returned items. Unfortunately that's not currently possible. I think that might be the best solution for both areas, defects and test cases.

------------------------------
    Terry Ginzburg
    ------------------------------