Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Release not showing in filter

Posted Mar 23, 2020 10:50 PM
    I have a backlog with a list of defects, each of which is assigned to a Release.

On the defects page, I can scroll through and see 50 defects for Release 3. If I apply an "R3" Release filter to the Defect list no results are returned.

Alternately, I can create a custom page, add the custom list app, add a query (Release.Name = "R3") and only the R3 items are displayed.  If on that same page I update the query to  ((Release.Name = "R1") or (Release.Name = "R2") or (Release.Name = "R3")), Defects from all 3 releases are displayed.  While still on the custom page and still in the Custom LIst app, I filter for only "R3", no results are returned.

This seems to be a new "feature". It appears that the Filter does not return the correct results while the Query does.

------------------------------
    Paul Gummo
    Cultivate Agile

• 2.  RE: Release not showing in filter

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2020 06:39 AM
    Edited by Nik Antonelli Mar 24, 2020 07:01 AM
    Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce what you are seeing from your description. I have included an image below from my system. Can you post a similar picture of how you are trying to filter the defects?

Nik
    Ask me a question, I'm All Ears!
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software

• 3.  RE: Release not showing in filter
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 25, 2020 08:40 AM
    I had a similar issue trying to filter the backlog for just defects. I found if I added the additional filter by object type = defect, then the other filters apply the way I expected.

the scenario I encountered was when i tried to filter the backlog (which has both defects and user stories) by an attribute that is unique to one specific object type, the filter gave me unpredictable results (typically objects that should not be listed). But adding the filter by object type corrects the issue. An additional step but it works.

• 4.  RE: Release not showing in filter

Posted Jul 30, 2020 01:00 PM
    Were you ever able to resolve this?  We are having a similar issue.  About to contact support but checked here first.

Marti Andrews
    Director, Product Operations
    Applied Systems, Inc.

• 5.  RE: Release not showing in filter

Posted Jul 30, 2020 05:44 PM
    Unfortunately, I wasn't able to resolve this issue.

It appears that there was some corruption (either system or human error) for my release named  "R3".

Steps I took to correct not being able to filter on Release Name "R3":
    1. Created a new release, "New R3". 
    2. Assigned all current work items in "R3" to "New R3". 
    3. Deleted Release "R3" (first making sure that nothing was still associated to "R3")
    4. Renamed "New R3" to "R3"
    The change was transparent to the users and to any existing filters as any filters we had were based on the Release Name and not on any release object ID.

Paul Gummo
    Cultivate Agile